Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Sticky Right Shoulder Button Problem

Man ive had 3 psp 2 from release and never had that problem. And i use my psp like crazy.

DCEmu Newbie

This is a like off topic but my L and R buttons are a Little Clicky sound is there a way that i can make it not clicky like the first psp i had. (Had to Exchange becuase it was 2.1 firmware now it is 1.50

DCEmu Rookie

my square button sucks too. i bought on launch day in the US.

I also broke my joystick once and bought a replacement. opening up your psp is a life-changing experience.

my psp has this annoying tendancy for the character onscreen to walk left, even when the stick is in neutral it is really annoying

I replaced the faceplate on mine, and the right trigger stuck a little, I happened to have another PSP faceplate (a 2nd) to compare BOTH originals, and the replacement, and I noticed that theres a noticably different molding for one than there is for the other..

So I shaved a little plastic off the inside in the problem area, and it was fixed up real quick.

maybe its a design flaw that got ironed out in the remanufactured 2nd and 3rd gen models

I had kinda problem with my first PSP..
    (it was made in Japan) :P
    if I didn't press the R trigger properly, it didn't work..

but no problem with my second (Chinese) PSP now..

WD40 the button.

don't do that, it might catch on fire.

by the way... do you all use your psps as a football or something? it seems like everyone has broken 3 or 4 psps, gotta be responsible with something that expensive.

I dont quite understand what you mean by "sticky" but I think it's the same thing that used to happen to me. I used to have an original PSP from launch day, and for whatever reason, both triggers, when pushed in, and towards the screen, would snag on the frame of the psp and stay down. It was the strangest thing... But that psp was stolen at school so I bought another one and it hasn't had that problem at all.

you're meant to open it up and sand a tiny bit that sticks. i'm sure it would be easy to identify the offending piece.

I can't find a link

IRC Chat

the arrow above shows what bit to sand - i did it but didnt do it enough - planing on doing it again.

*EDIT* damn spaces wont show up - the @'s are spaces ignore them

*EDIT15*
    ok the diagram wont show up right - when you take out the button theres an l shape on the left side of the right shoulder button - its the vertical part of the reversed L that you sand

_l <----this bit

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information