Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Sticky Right Shoulder Button Problem

*Everytime* you remove your face plate you have to make sure the rubber button guards are exactly in place otherwise it effects your dpad response alot (especially if you did the ufighterx.com mod to your d-pad) the same goes for your 4 buttons, if you dont replace your face plate properly they will not feel/work right. *I* wonder how many are legit problems and how many are simply people that didnt take the time to clean out/put their psp back together properly....

Yo crack your PSP open and clean everything with cow’s blood ... goat’s blood works too. Also make sure to dunk your whole PSP into the mineral rich Dead Sea, you’ll get some calcium deposits and corrosion inside your psp when you turn it on, but hey your PSP will now be uber as it was dunked into a lake that was biblical. Just kidding

But if you cannot gain access to animals blood, nor live near the Dead Sea crack your PSP open and clean your buttons, button contacts and most things around your buttons with a cotton swab (Q-tip) and some rubbing alcohol (do not soak the Q-tip, just get it damp with the alcohol).

I use this method to clean all electronics as gunk build up can occur especially around buttons where your dead skin can accumulate.

P.S. Also always use thread lock (medium blue works best) when you are putting your screws back in. (That way you don't have to tighten your screws too hard and risk stripping your PSP).

For square button issues, try holding your index finger's tip with your thumb, forcing it to release and releasing it right in the button several times, this will push the button strongly and quick. Worked for me, my first PSP had the problem.

DCEmu Newbie

i have a jap and a uk psp, both are fine, i have no trouble with sticky buttons. but my jap one is the oldest and now the power switch is kind of lose, makes it hard to put the unit into hold mode.

One slightly annoying thing with my PSP is the analog stick, it seems that it's very slightly tilted to the left so when playing GTA the guy wanders in an anticlockwise circle when I let go of the stick. This becomes a problem in Wipeout where I have to continually make tiny adjustments to the steering when I'm trying to go in a straight line.

DCEmu Newbie

i will say sony has cheap and badly designed parts compared to gameboy parts. I have had an old grey gameboy for so many years i cant count and the buttons all still work perfectly. but sonys d-pad is already wearing out and i dont even pressit hard at all. i have taken it apart and cleaned the contacts. but it seems as if sony really was not thinking about their design when it comes to longevity. dont get me wrong i love my psp. but i wonder sometimes about how long it will last before i have to pay another 150 on ebay to get another one

Quote Originally Posted by Physicist
    One slightly annoying thing with my PSP is the analog stick, it seems that it's very slightly tilted to the left so when playing GTA the guy wanders in an anticlockwise circle when I let go of the stick. This becomes a problem in Wipeout where I have to continually make tiny adjustments to the steering when I'm trying to go in a straight line.
    yes!!!! that happens to me also, but it happens in Daedalus too when i'm playin mario 64, i thought it was just me but my bro's does the same...weird

^^it happens to me as well, it sux

i dont have any shoulder button issues (US PSP i bought a little over a year ago).

DCEmu Regular

my right shoulder feels different. but one of my psps directionals does diagonals wayyyy better than the other. and one my friends white psp hits the diagonals better than i have ever seen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information