So I'm really excited about the Nintendo 3DS, and I lately had the idea of getting rid of my DS lite (wasn't really pleased with the library of games I got, but I loved the Phoenix Wright series) and then go out and buy a 3DS (for both 3DS and DS games) and a GBA (for GB and GBA games).

But then there is the matter of homebrew/emulation for the DS lite. I've considered this before, but I have a few questions I'm hoping you guys could answer. In particular I am interested in (1) having all my games on one cart so that I can stop losing my games and (2) demo certain DS games before buying so I wont have so much buyer's remorse.

So, with that in mind, here are my questions?

1) how good of quality is the emulation of NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, GBA and DS games? I am mostly interested in SNES, GBA, and DS games (the latter of which I only plan on having games I actually own or just trying out before buying)

2) can it play music?

3) from what I've read around, what I need is an M3, a Passcard 3, and mini-SD card. Is this all correct?

If the emulation quality isn't all that good, I'll probably end up trading my DS for a GBA. Thanks for the advice!