Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour Mill Time - New PSone Emulator for PSP Announced

Bullcrap. Pure and simple.

I used to hang onto these rumors with some shred of hope that it was even half accurate, but it's never real if it's this good without any proof of any kind. This has happened too many times.

(c'mon, at least put the effort in to fake some screenshots)

I'll believe it when there's actually a release. I hate to sound so cynical; but this sort of thing has been promised before (and been a hoax). I REALLY want to believe this. We'll just have to wait and see...

DCEmu Old Pro

even with a release it could stil be a hoax mr shizzy, remember the pspsone by pac-man fan

If sony is going to release there own emu in a way that plays PS1 games it means it runs neer perfect. With means if they can do it our more talented coders can also. Now about this news i hope its true because like Motz sayd i have a hell of a lot of PS1 games just sitting in mi shell

its possible its not out of reach but ill believe it when i see it.

DCEmu Old Pro

what is sony doing? one emu for all the psx games or a seperate eboot for each?

At least 50FPS
    hmmm... sounds a little too high... and a port of a pc emulator would never reach that high (just look at pspvba)...

Sound support just makes it seem more unlikely, especially comboed w/ compressed isos (which would be necessary b/c of ppl w/ 1 gig sticks and multiple disk games).

A full speed emulator? I highly doubt it. SNES TYL isn't full speed yet....

DCEmu Old Pro

out of intrest, why is it possible for a psx emu, but not dreamcast (or is it and no-ones done it yet)???

Dreamcast is much more powerful than the psx or n64. Its a little bit closer to the ps2 in terms of power... I doubt it will ever happen, however it is possible that 1 will be released that would go about 8-10 fps w/o sound at the max. But thats just my estimate

oh yeah i am sort of starting to question sony's ps1 emulator, why bother at the rate they are going they are already converting most of the games and selling them as new psp titles such as breath of fire 3 and ape escape also i see plenty of flaws in security if they enabled people to just iso there games so the amount of games you own are of very little relavence to the official ps1 emulator so you will need to pay for all your games again.......if you really think about it a official emulator would probs be $#@!ty as when thinking about it are there any games you would want so much off ps1 and would pay for again. all moan at me after you take that into concideration

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information