Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour Mill Time - New PSone Emulator for PSP Announced

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pokothehobo
    50FPS with full sound hahahahahha

absolutely fake. it would take a very long time for a psone emu to get that fast. just look at the n64 emu's, they have been worked on for months and months and i think right now they only get about 15 fps. i could always be wrong though, but i would bet this is fake.
    It is MUCH easier to emulate PSOne on the PSP than it is N64 so that is not a fair comparison. Actually, its easier to emulate PSOne than it is to emulate Super NES. So a PSOne EMU is entirely possible and probably guaranteed in the future.

HOWEVER.....
    I think this news boasts a little too much.

1.) WiFi? I doubt even Sony's PSOne EMU will have WiFi

2.) Supports DAX & CiSO compression? Thats an immediate red flag. These compression methods were created for PSP ISO's not PSOne ISO's. Unless this "French Team" have been secretly collaborating with Dark_AleX & Booster, I have a hard time believing this.

Like most of you, I want to believe this sooooo bad. Especially because it will be possible to emulate PSOne games on the PSP. I am just not sure. This claims to do a lot for just a "rumored" project.

i believe the .dax and .cso compressions are open source...

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    actually i believe that if the source code of a certain emulator was available then a full speed PSX emu would be very doable.
    I agree.
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

this would piss off sony more than any other form of psp pirating, w00t i guess

btw, dax and cso would work fine.

Ok, I know who's supposedly making this so I'm gonna say its real.

DCEmu Rookie

lol this is the biggest pile of bull i have seen in a while

this is not the way serious developers go about developing. no one claims abilities like this without working betas/alphas

they have simply listed a few features that people want, plucked a few arbitrary numbers out of the cosmos and let the over reactive imagination of the homebrew collective do the rest.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    It is MUCH easier to emulate PSOne on the PSP than it is N64 so that is not a fair comparison. Actually, its easier to emulate PSOne than it is to emulate Super NES. So a PSOne EMU is entirely possible and probably guaranteed in the future.
    buh? explain this to me from a technical angle

because im not getting it....

Quote Originally Posted by gamesquest1
    oh yeah i am sort of starting to question sony's ps1 emulator, why bother at the rate they are going they are already converting most of the games and selling them as new psp titles such as breath of fire 3 and ape escape also i see plenty of flaws in security if they enabled people to just iso there games so the amount of games you own are of very little relavence to the official ps1 emulator so you will need to pay for all your games again.......if you really think about it a official emulator would probs be $#@!ty as when thinking about it are there any games you would want so much off ps1 and would pay for again. all moan at me after you take that into concideration
    Sony can't afford for an "official" PSOne Emulator to be garbage. It has so much potential to create revenue for Sony that failure should not be an option.

And yes a homebrew EMU would be welcome, A Sony PSOne EMU would likely be close to perfect. So I welcome Sony's effort to bring us this due to the ease of use. There should be no compatibility issues, speed issues, etc. I really want Sony to succeed on this one.

Blog Entries

These 3 emulators if ported would be full speed

Bleem
    VGS
    PSX4ALL

Sony own the top 2 and the third im sure is closed source.

DCEmu Newbie

Either way there will be a ps1 emu by the end of the year, official or not.

One thing I was thinking though is the size of the ps1 games in comparison to a memory stick.People will want to play ff7 no doubt.As we all know it is a three disk game, at over a gig in space.

So people will need atleast a 2 gig mem stick to play ff7 and have some homebrew at the same time.

I don't know if I'm right but i'm thinking that the emu will be simalar functionality to the neo geo cd emu (eg) having the music in mp3.Therefore taking much needed memory.unless there is a way of compressing the ps1 games that is.

I'm totaly in favour of this emu but I can't help but think that it is a waste of money.As I won't be forking out aload of cash for a large memory stick(i'm thinking 4 gig).You may as well buy a second hand ps1, ff7,castlevania sotn and play it on your tv.There would be change left too.

Moving on to the official ps1 emu,people will have to pay for the games knowing sony.I'm also thinking that all the games won't be available at the time of the emus launch.all of this is speculation though.

hopefully we will all be playing ps1 games on our psp soon all the above is just a thought.

what do you guys think?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information