Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: DS Doom Released

Quote Originally Posted by Ani-Monster
    Saving works? how? I mean, do u use the option in the doom menu? Because when i try that, i get to the part where u enter what to save it as, and since there isnt a keyboard theres nothing i can enter
    press the buttons, some are tied to keystrokes so saving works.

ok i got it working now -.-;;

go ahead and work on music, the saving DOES work XD

hey i got 1 more question tho; when i copy tnt.wad, doom2.wad or plutonia.wad to my m3, im suposed to re-name it doom.wad, rite? well when i do i get the error "I_Read: read failed: EOF" anyone know what that means?

ok i got it working now -.-;;

go ahead and work on music, the saving DOES work XD

hey i got 1 more question tho; when i copy tnt.wad, doom2.wad or plutonia.wad to my m3, im suposed to re-name it doom.wad, rite? well when i do i get the error "I_Read: read failed: EOF" anyone know what that means?
    Corrupted WAD files probably.

Quote Originally Posted by iball
    Corrupted WAD files probably.
    they work on my pc...

they work on my pc...
    Then you're doing something wrong. I tested all of those WADs on my Supercard mini-SD and they work fine.

wow ok, i tried renamine it BEFORE i copied it and it work'd... aka; rename it before you copy it to M3 CF

Quote Originally Posted by CPU_Smarts
    WOW Very nice!! Online play, GBAMP support () and it is comptible with the shareware wad! very nice release!

now........waiting for quake
    Yea verily unto thee my bretheren (well, the non-plural version of bretheren-- but bretheren sounds better). I'm surprised that it runs on the gbamp at all, considering the full version uses an 11mb WAD. Then again it probably just pages in and out of RAM, 'cause DOOM had to run on a 386. Though sometimes there is some lag. (paging?) It would be nice of the DS's 3D could be used as a fast 2D accelerator-ey-type-thing. That would probably kill the lag, but thats assuming that they are already using the 2D hardware. (Are they?)

edit: A pop-up touch-screen keyboard would be nice for saving your game.

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy

I'm currently using an M3 SD...
    I tried installing DSDoom, using the vague instructions it provided, extracting all the files to the root directory, with a doom.wad file. I tried running it... I get a black screen on top and a white one on the bottom. I restarted my M3, then the only folders I was able to see was BACKING, prboom-2.4.4-win32, WADS, and the dsdoom.nds file... thats it! I then put my card in the SD reader and checked the space remaining... it gave me about 24MBs. Then I checked the volume for errors [and set to fix any]... took about 15 seconds and it didn't report any errors. I put it back and nothing changed. I decided to try dsdoom one more time.... same thing happened... only this time when I restarted my M3 my custom skin was gone, and the only thing it shows in the folders was FOUND.000!! I put it back in the SD reader and checked the space again, which was the same, and checked the volume for errors, and once again it reported nothing... but it took about 15 minutes. I checked it again and same damn thing.

Can ANYBODY help me?!? Even if I could recover just half of it I'll be happy! Any tools or software anybody knows that could help me on this?? I really want to recover my saves... I put hundreds and hundreds of hours to the games I've played on this... I don't want them to be in vain.
    PLEASE, somebody HELP ME!!

Quote Originally Posted by trebulator
    I'm currently using an M3 SD...
    I tried installing DSDoom, using the vague instructions it provided, extracting all the files to the root directory, with a doom.wad file. I tried running it... I get a black screen on top and a white one on the bottom. I restarted my M3, then the only folders I was able to see was BACKING, prboom-2.4.4-win32, WADS, and the dsdoom.nds file... thats it! I then put my card in the SD reader and checked the space remaining... it gave me about 24MBs. Then I checked the volume for errors [and set to fix any]... took about 15 seconds and it didn't report any errors. I put it back and nothing changed. I decided to try dsdoom one more time.... same thing happened... only this time when I restarted my M3 my custom skin was gone, and the only thing it shows in the folders was FOUND.000!! I put it back in the SD reader and checked the space again, which was the same, and checked the volume for errors, and once again it reported nothing... but it took about 15 minutes. I checked it again and same damn thing.

Can ANYBODY help me?!? Even if I could recover just half of it I'll be happy! Any tools or software anybody knows that could help me on this?? I really want to recover my saves... I put hundreds and hundreds of hours to the games I've played on this... I don't want them to be in vain.
    PLEASE, somebody HELP ME!!
    probably something wrong with your sd card, when i was betatesting the code during development on my m3:sd and I couldn't get it to work on some noname 512mb card i had, but works fine on a namebrand 1gb card , I think I did see something about formatting the card as FAT32 vs FAT or the other way, seems to resolves some issues with the fatlib.

goodluck
    Troy(GPF)

Not trying to be a jack ass but thatīs why you should backup your savegames, it seems that in some SD cards, DSDooM has a way of screwing with the data, i guess you will have to format your card.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information