Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sony Struggles To Define the PSP

acn010 man i though i was the only one with so many PSP then again i know i will allways have hombrew on the go.

Default sad sony

sony u nobs tbh, my mate has a psp and it collects dust all time cos he has few psp games but.. homebrew, emulation etc cant beat it. sony should try use this somehow otherwise ds will keep on owning it ( dunno how ds sux ). playing curse of monkey island on my psp atm and got bs 1 and 2 rdy to play after i finish it . was shocked how i got comi to 305mb n able to fit on my memcard. still happy with my PSP been yr now since i had it ( launch day 2005 )

ds kinda sucks because of its very limited RAM. at least it doesnt have firmware updates though. when will sony learn?

emulation is no ilegal as long u have originals etc so they easily make a multy emulation program.. advertise it etc wud sell millions of psp's

the mario 64 i tried on daedelus emu looked way better then ds 1 but needs speed increase. when it does gonna own.

I bought my PSP with the intention of running HomeBrew. I love having all my old favorites on it. I have many custom games and apps also. I love PSPChess I got Mario pieces and Mario music performed on piano playing in the background. PMP Video Player is fun also I got episodes of my favorite shows I can upload and watch on it.

It's really sad how much Sony wants to hold back the PSP in terms of capability. It has so much potential and they are so slow about adding new features that homebrew developers create these apps for themselves and the community before Sony can produce them and they distribute them freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirus
    emulation is no ilegal as long u have originals etc so they easily make a multy emulation program.. advertise it etc wud sell millions of psp's

the mario 64 i tried on daedelus emu looked way better then ds 1 but needs speed increase. when it does gonna own.

they dont make any money selling psps...

only software and accessories

Actually they do make money selling psp's,after the production costs drop.
    That's generally part of hardware poducers business plan.It wouldn't be a very good idea to always lose money making hardware.Only thing is production costs won't drop until they have produced x number of them

DCEmu Newbie

It's funny to think that homebrew and devs is just what sony wants...all this energy trying break sony is really bringing more people together around the PSP and giving it the "luster" it deserves

DCEmu Regular

What is this BULLS**T about the PSP not having any good games?! It's got more quality titles then the DS. I just don't understand this, "PSP has no Games" bull at all! (And I'm not even counting the AMAZING Homebrew emulators and stuff!)

I think video game reviewers have lost their minds. Clearly there's something lacking between their ears if they can praise the amazing PSP games like GTA and Daxter, and then say the PSP ain't got beans in the very next review. The only thing the PSP is lacking is a decent price. It's the only reason the DS keeps outselling it.

The only thing I can think of that might make people think the PSP is lagging is the spoiled gamer. The PSP is so much like the PS2, people just kind expect it to *HAVE* all of the games the PS2 has. Which is just crazy, since it's only about a year old! It's so much like a REAL console, that it's BLOWN people's Minds! They can't handle how much like a real console it is, so their expectations are unrealistic.

Or maybe it's just the DEVIL. Think Mario sold his soul to Satan for eternal popularity?

Not only that, they get to learn where their security holes are with their "free" homebrew hacking security team.Not to mention free market research.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information