Thread: Snezziboy v0.25 - Snes Emulator for the Gameboy Advance

Blog Entries

GBA Snezziboy v0.25 - Snes Emulator for the Gameboy Advance

Snezziboy the SNES Emulator for the Gameboy Advance (nintendo ds too) has been updated, heres whats new:

Fixes and Features:
    - Fixed a bug with the reading of registers $2137/$213C/$213D (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is able to proceed to the title screen)
    - Fixed a critical bug with the MVN/MVP instructions to handle the A register correctly in 8-bit mode.
    - Fixed a DMA bug so that the incrementing of the source address does not affect the address bank. (Final Fantasy Mystic no longer crashes and now seems playable)
    - Fixed a bug with the DMA transfer to correctly increment the source address depending on the DMA increment mode. (Secret of Mana no longer crashes before the first dungeon) - Fixed a bug with the RESET function that causes backgrounds remain stationary after using the configuration's RESET option.
    - Fixed the SBC instruction to take care of decimal mode subtraction (uses modified code from SNES Advance) (Zombies ate my Neighbors is now playable)
    - Fixed Mode 7 where there was once a band appearing at the top of the screen.
    - Fixed (partially) SNES additive transparencies. - Implemented Mode 7 wraparound based on register $211A. HDMA: - Implemented partial HDMA for background scrolling positions (Donkey Kong 3, first level moves as expected) (Street Fighter 2 background moves as expected) (Castlevania X first level background effects visible) (HDMA is slow on the GBA and is expected)
    - Implemented new option to enable/disable HDMA (for games that don't necessarily require it)
    Optimizations:
    - Made slight optimizations to instructions that operate on the A register, and certain jump instructions
    - Made major optimizations to all instructions to remove instruction to add to SnesPC register (Credit to Gladius for the suggestion; most games should experience a slight but notable increase in speed)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, alot of updates! Nice release!

I am having a problem though... I dragged the ROM to snezzi.exe, then put it through the M3 game manager through NDS mode direct copy, just like on the .24 version. But the ROMs won't start up.... is there anything I'm doing wrong??

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by trebulator
    Wow, alot of updates! Nice release!

I am having a problem though... I dragged the ROM to snezzi.exe, then put it through the M3 game manager through NDS mode direct copy, just like on the .24 version. But the ROMs won't start up.... is there anything I'm doing wrong??
    Not sure about m3, but you said you used NDS mode, and this is snezziboy (for GBA), not snezziDS.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Eyedunno
    Not sure about m3, but you said you used NDS mode, and this is snezziboy (for GBA), not snezziDS.
    I was able to run everything fine booting in NDS mode for v.24-patched roms, and unlike GBA mode it had sound, and 2 extra buttons. It was also faster. All the games I converted for v.24 don't work for v.25 in NDS mode, and they run slower, without sound in GBA mode...

Excellent news! Two thumbs way up, keep up the good work.

great news

DCEmu Newbie

Derr... I was thinking of SnezziDS... nevermind...

DCEmu Rookie

this is pretty good. at least it works on my supercard minisd while SnezziDS didn't. super mario world ran ok. keep up the good work.

Thread Information