Thread: Problem with compiling Duke Nukem 3DS code

Default Problem with compiling Duke Nukem 3DS code

Hi all,
    I am currently trying to work on programming the Duke Nukem 3DS rom so that :
    - the framerate gets enchanced.
    - the sounds/music are played correctly.
    - saving/loading of games become possible.
    - the game crashes as little often as possible (especially when you get underwater).
    - The Atomic editions levels become playable (which actually isn't the case).

(I know that I am A LOT ambitious but believe me, when you love old classic games like this one as much as I do, you'd be ready to do anything to be able to play it wherever and whenever you want !)

The problem that I'm facing is that, I have downloaded GPF's source code for DUKE 3DS and yet, when I try to compile it as it was when I downloaded the code, I get countless error messages saying that a function or a variable is undeclared in the file called arm7/source/template.c, which is absolutely unbelievable. This also happens with the arm9 code, which returns 3 or 4 times as many error messages as for the arm7 code. Anyone got an idea about why this is happening ? I mean, I don't understand why this happens because, if there were so many mistakes in GPF's source code, GPF himself wouldn't have been able to compile it at all.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

You might have to use an older version of devkitARM, the newest one has some changes that would break older homebrew compilation.

EDIT: See this page of the official thread - http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/thr...D-for-DS/page6

EDIT2: I just see you are the same person who asked there XD well, good luck with it...
    Last edited by bboy_sonik; April 15th, 2011 at 07:30.

Thread Information