Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to xbox 360

Default New to xbox 360

Ok im buying an xbox 360, i am wondering how the acheivments and point system works, is it that the points that you can buy are the same thing as the acheivment points ? Srry for the noob question but i am confused.

Is to do with how far into a game you get. So if you pass the first level you recieve some acheivment points, if you unlock something them more acheivment points and so. Unfortunately you can't but them.

Ok, then what do these acheivment points do for you, or are they just for show ? There are points that you can buy, like this, these arnt the same as the acheivement points then ?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=468642

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

the points (MS point) you buy is a currency for xbox live, for buying extras.

the acheivment point are points you get for games, there is 1000 points i each game, and you usally give about 50-150 points for doing certain things (like getting a hidden item or clearing a level on hard mode etc

acheivment point are really for compareing to your mates to see who is the best gamer ( you can actually compare points game by game with your mates)

ok, thanks for the help, i bought dead Rising and im picking my xbox up on wendsday, i also have the new tomb raider and topspin, i cant wait to get online and play!

I have one more question, when i wantto play my old xbox games do i just pop them in and i can play, or is there somthing i have to do first?

you need the harddrive and you will have to download the latest version of the xbox emulator, but i think this is all automatic

Ok thats great, im getting the premium edition with the hard drive, now i cant wait to play halo 2 online, whooo, my parents wouldnt let me have/get a credit card to play, on my old xbox, now im ready to get my ass kicked by players all over the world, instead of just my friends. Thanks for all the help.

don't for get to send a friend request to me Darksaviour69 and i will send you a clan invite for dcemu

Ok sweet, sounds like fun, im not that great at halo, but i plan to play a hellavau lot once i get my xbox.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information