*NOTE: We at DCEmu do not condone piracy. We are merely posting news. We do not take responsibility for any damages to your consoles and/or games and any legal actions brought upon you.
It seems as if the PS3 has been hacked with a new commercial USB Device called the 'PS Jailbreak'. This is like a 'HD Loader' which will allow owners to dump all original PS3 games onto a FAT32 hard drive and play the game entirely from there (similar to that of how the Wii is with its USB Loaders). This seems to turn your PS3 into a DEBUG unit hence this is why it works. But of course, in order for it to work, it may be using illegal codes from the PS3 SDK. It is said that the PS Jailbreak will run games 2x faster than Blu-ray, support homebrew and will be fully updateable. Before you jump up for joy...this little USB dongle retails for $170AUD ($150USD). Still want it? Also, this method can be squashed instantly with an update to firmware even though its said to be updateable (if they can find a method around Sony's blocked method - only time will tell).
* PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.
* Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.
Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA
* PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
Supports all games (it does not allow backups of blu-ray movies, dvd movies, or past consoles games)
* Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blu-ray burners and costly blank media.
Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blu-ray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.
* Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.
* Fully updateable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
Q: What firmware version does PS JailBreak it work on?
A. It apparently works on a couple of old firmware verisons, but it was designed for the latest firmware version 3.41
Q. Does PS Jailbreak allow you to dump ps2 games, ps1 game, Blu ray movies?
A. No, just PS3 games.
Q. Does PS JailBreak allow every game to work?
A. Apparently 150 games have been tested, and they all work. If a game happens to have 1 file over 4gb the program will not be able to rip the game onto the harddrive. Apparently the worl around is to dump it on an internal hardrive
Q. Can I still play online with PS Jailbreak?
A. When today (19.08.2010) you can, we can't guarantee you will never be banned for using the 3rd party device.
Q. Can Sony block this with firmware updates?
A. Probably. The have have the USb dongle firmware upgradable, but you can never predict the future. This is made to work with 3.41. If you happen to download an install an update which is higher then this then it is your doing. We will not accept stock back as "faulty" if you have upgraded your firmware.
Source: PS JailBreak
Images via comments
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)