Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: CPS2 Emulator Test Version 5 Released

psp CPS2 Emulator Test Version 5 Released

NJ has once again updated his CPS2 emulator, this time to test version 5. Quite a bit has changed in this version, so see the translated release notes from his site for the details:
    CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP (test ver.5)

CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator test ver.5 binary Download

Since I've pretty much finalized the cache file specification, I plan to make the next release an alpha version.

What's Changed (test ver.5)

There's quite a few things that have changed.
    Since I've made a few large changes, some new problems will probably crop up.
    If you're having problems, please use test 3 or test 4.

-Changed the cache file specification. Since there isn't any compatibility with the cache files up until now, it'll be necessary to remake all of your cache files.
    Thanks to this change, Memory Stick reading for the games below only occurs when loading the game.
    ecofghtr / avsp / sfa / 19xx / megaman2 / qndream / spf2t / csclub / mpangj / pzloop2j

-Due to development circumstances, I've implemented save state. Since I'm thinking that there will be frequent changes to the specification before this becomes the official version, basically you should assume that save state compatibility will be lost each time this is updated.

-Fixed it so that it won't freeze on sleep.

-Fixed it so that ssf2t is read as the parent cache file for ssf2t and it's clone sets.

-Changed the palette processing. I'm now going to determine whether or not this works correctly.

-Change the initial sound sample rate value to 22050Hz.

-Rewrote the sprite management processing.
    Although only slightly, I think the speed of shooting and side-scrolling action games has either improved or stabilized.
    Conversely, for later, larger fighting games that frequently access the file , the speed has probably dropped. (The priority level for these types of games is very low, so I don't envision there will be any improvements from here on. Simply put, it's physically impossible to make them faster.)

-Made huge changes to the sprite drawing process.
    Problems with the sprite mask drawing processing and priority in the following games has been fixed. (Even though I'm performing the drawing so as to not make the speed drop as much as possible, since the drawing is more complicated than usual, there are instances where the speed drops somewhat on such screens.)

csclub: Spot process of CAPCOM's logo directly after loading

ssf2t: Some of the character's continue screens

dimahoo: The ninja Tatumaki's shadow as well as all of the ending

gigawing: The Betting font, as well as all of the tanks and the BG's priority

progear: The second form of the third stage boss

ddsom: Stage 3-A on the heavy war cart where just the elf's sword and shield's priority is funny

If drawing problems occur other than those mentioned above, I'd appreciate it if you could report them using the bug report uploader (As far as it's usage, please refer to the information at the link. This is being tested)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Checking sprite data one by one'll make your shoulders stiff and your eyes hurt, it's just too tough.
    I'm not young anymore so this kind of work is hard on me.
    From here on, I'll just work on those that are reported, or so I say, but if I find any I'm just going to want to fix them.

And, the portions of the readme that have changed:
    State of progress
    CPU: Finished
    Video: The sprite drawing process are still unfinished(?)
    Sound: Finished
    Input: The analog input in puzzloop2 is not supported yet

Firstly, please regard the speed as something that's not going to get any better.
    The PSP simply doesn't have the ability (VRAM, memory, CPU processing power: all of them).
    Vampire Hunter and the likes is one thing, but in games like MVC where the screen changes that frequently, no matter how you think about it, speeding it up would be impossible.
    There is still a chance, however, that the sense of speed will slightly go up with VRAM partitioning and memory cache optimization.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

yay!

hmm...i've never played any CPS2 games before...maybe it's the best time to do so now ^^

Very well done NJ! And i do think that this emu will only get better. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this project and so many of your other projects.

Love it!

Great News! THANKS once again to Nester J! This is prob my current fav. emu. ( And I have 19 emu's on my PSP). Plz keep up the great work!

Nesterj is awesome Mr.Shizzy,I wonder if we'll see wifi adhoc on this emu as well?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Ot,ot

ON TOPIC -this rocks, screw my day job, i'm just testing this now.

OFF TOPIC -does anyone remember a side scrolling game where there's a jeep on the ground and a helicopter supporting it in the air? i loved that game-was it arcade or console?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur
    OFF TOPIC -does anyone remember a side scrolling game where there's a jeep on the ground and a helicopter supporting it in the air? i loved that game-was it arcade or console?
    Silk Worm ... For both NES and Arcade!!!

Woot I loved that game!!!

BTW NJ ... I LOVE YOU!!!

DCEmu Newbie

anyone know if this has a time release feature - example SFA3 allows you to play as balrog ONLY after the arcade has been played for a month. There is a time release feature in some emus but i don't think NJ has this (not complaining - just confirming)

thanks!

also i'm assuming we don't need SSF2 anymore to play SSF2T?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information