Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SNES-Station v0.2.4 USB - The Super-Nintendo Emulator for PS2

I want to try this, but I only have USB extreme to boot homebrew from.
    How do I turn the ELF file into an ISO?

DCEmu Newbie

hey i have a problem it runs the game off my usb but it wont let me push any buttons. like it works but when i push start it didnt work

DCEmu Newbie

i realy wanna play this game ( i have the origonal cartridge) but the controller wont work after the game starts but the music and the demo is still playing please help.

DCEmu Newbie

I am having the same problem. The controller works fine when selecting a ROM, but when the ROM loads the controller no longer responds and I can't play the game. Any suggestions, or is my PS2 just not compatible with snes station? I have one of the first batch of PS2s sold in US.

hello im new here(well first post) but anyways i have this i think and i put it on my hdd partition, boot it up and load snes games off my psp through USB mode..i love it!the only problem is that some games dont show up or it may crash at emulator menu.its great though, props to the maker of this!

Darknight-
    How did u run it off your hdd?
    Can u please tell me how u got it to run?
    thanks..

ok well the elf file that i have is called "snes_emu.elf" so im not sure if its the one in this thread. i dont know how to upload the the file so i dont think i can help but all i do is put it in HDD partition and boot it up using elf launcher 3.4(just like HDloader.8b) and from the snes emu menu, i chose usb and it reads my psp(through mini usb) and chose the directary where my roms are and it works fine.

***just checked and this is the same elf file i have from this site.

**all you do is place it somewhere in your HDD partitions(i have a "rom" partition where i put roms and and other elfs files)so then i make a shortcut with lauchelf and boot it from it.make sure you change your settings on the snes menu for your tv(ntsc/pal) also not all roms work(they work fine on psp snes emu but not on ps2 snes emu)like i will get sound on kirby but black screen....others may crash or if you have pal region roms, the screen rolls(i live in USA)

hope this helps...also i didnt make an iso, i just use the elf file straight from my ps2 hdd and play roms using psp through usb mode.theres a HDD compatable snes emu out now but i read its unstable or something so i havent tryed that.

So to make this work ya need both the hard drive and a usb stick? I dont think a removable harddrive would work right? lets say a Mp3 player? Hmm well ill be waiting for a response

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i have a Modded Slim ps2.

sorry i didnt reply back.

*well im not sure you can use an mp3 player since i dont have one(i think an ipod might work then yes mp3 playes too)all you need is to be able to make directaries/folders in that mp3 player so you can put the elf file and roms there.try it, i would but i dont have my psp available at the moment.

***also do you use launchElf?i think thats used with an HDD like i do, so if you dont have an hdd, do you still use launchelf?(to boot elf files)thats the main thing you need ------> if you dont i think you have to make an iso with the emualtor(look for tutorials) and then, use the usb funtion with your mp3 player(or psp like me) to boot up the roms...i hope i make sense.

So you say that i can use a removal Hard drive such as (a mp3 player or psp or memory stick) to load roms only or can i put the elf file and the roms in the "removable HD" and play it from there?

And by HDD i meant the hard drive that came with ffx. I dont have that one neither do i think it would work or fit in my slim ps2 :P.

Well if i read right then i will try something. I would like to know if theres any risk on putting a Usb mp3 player with those files on the ps2. Like will it give it a malfunction or anything like that?

Edit: so Um i have to convert the Elf into an Iso and put that into the usb hd along with the roms and thats it?

Edit: also what do you mean by making an iso with the emulator in it? I got a couple of extra questions

1. Is it the same as making a Dc emu image?
    2. do i need to change the .elf to .exe?
    3. If you can point me in the direction of where to head that be awsome.

Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information