Thread: Sony Files PS Jailbreak Lawsuit In US

Blog Entries

ps3 Sony Files PS Jailbreak Lawsuit In US

Sony Computer Entertainment America has filed a lawsuit against an online distributor of the new PS3 Jailbreak modchip, which allows users to circumvent PS3's copy protection and play backed-up titles copied to the system’s hard drive.

The platform holder has accused the modchip seller, Zoomba LDC, of copyright infringement, violations of the digital millennium copyright act and trademark infringement, Kotaku reports.

Sony previously succeeded in getting a temporary injunction blocking the sale of PSJailbreak in Australia.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/sony-fi...-lawsuit-in-us

I don't know why Sony's even bothering going through with these lawsuits, i mean they already lost the battle for the Ps3 in the biggest possible way when pretty soon you can hack it with any smartphone or console, and i'm just quite amused by the prospect of hacking a Ps3 using a hacked 360, but anyway.. Go Dreamcast.

DCEmu Pro

Part of US (and probably elsewhere) copyright law is an obligation to defend a copyright. Sony has to at least appear to be protecting its copyrights, even if this just ends up settled out of court with an agreement to not sell the damned things.

Thread Information