Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do PSP HDDs really exist?

DCEmu Newbie

Question Do PSP HDDs really exist?

Hi all, I'm sure this must have already been discussed before but i've spent ages looking and being a new PSP owner i want all the gadgets!

Because the memory sticks currently availiable are still small in capacity and shockingly expensive i have been doing a bit of reading. During my searches i've found numerous articles suggesting that devices exist that can transfer data to and from the PSP mem stick - such as the Apacer CD311 and Rhaspody S25, are these things real? Do they work? Does anyone here own one? Is there better/alternative products on the market??

Viking_11

There's one made by Datel, but I've heard it's not worth it. I've also heard the Datel "hard drive" is nothing more than a CF card that you can put in memory stick duo slots.

The prices of memory sticks are falling (4 gb as low as $110.) I have heard of devices that have like 40 gb that plug into the PSP, but you can't access 40 gb at one time. With those devices you would still have to have a big memory stick.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi SSax,
    Yeah I've seen the Datel one, but 4Gb is still not all that large. The drives i described in my first post are so called 2.5" HDD caddies that contain their own usb host that enables data transfer between a 2.5" notebook drive installed into the caddy and the PSP mem card via a usb. I understand it has to be done this way since the PSP is not able to use the HDD as a direct drive.

But i would like to know is if these drives are real because the ads I have seen on the net seem scketchy and there are very few places selling these caddies. So i'm interested to know if this kind of tech exists really does exist, that it works and where they are readily availiable from?

Cheers.

viking_11, it's probably fake. The PSP can't recognize anything over 4 GB right now anyways.

*Post number 2000*

The psp cannot use storage devices over 4GB (and access all of the data at once)

EDIT - wow- Video_Freak, we posted at the same time about the same thing. Happy 2,000th post, Mr. Legend.

DCEmu Newbie

From my understanding guys is that it isn't used directly with the psp, but access the mem stick to exchange data by copying/pasting files using the caddy's LCD display. Type "rapsody s25" in google to see what i'm talking about.

Has anyone got something working similar to this?

That thing is gay, it just transfers file to your memory stick. You can't stream stuff off of it.

DCEmu Newbie

i know but its the closest thing to it that i've seen. Since i'm away from home alot it would come in handy to change 'data' as and when needed. If anyone has a better idea or knows of an availiable product let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by viking_11
    i know but its the closest thing to it that i've seen. Since i'm away from home alot it would come in handy to change 'data' as and when needed. If anyone has a better idea or knows of an availiable product let me know.
    So you would need to buy this and a large memory stick pro duo (at least 2GB). Seems expensive and pointless to me....

DCEmu Newbie

already have 4gb stick.....need more!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information