Thread: Sylverant PSO Server is now Open to the public

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Dreamcast Sylverant PSO Server is now Open to the public

To celebrate the 11th anniversary of the Dreamcast's release in the US, the 1 year anniversary of the public unveiling of Sylverant, as well as r200 of its code, I have opened the Sylverant Phantasy Star Online Server up to the general public. For the time being, this only applies to the Dreamcast versions of PSO (US/EU v1 and EU v2), however support for the other versions that the server software supports will be coming soon.

Its been an interesting ride this past year working on Sylverant, one filled with many bumps along the way. Its all been pretty fun though. I hope that other people will help contribute to the project (by testing for and reporting any bugs) now that I have opened the server up to the public to play on. If you still have PSO, and you have a way to connect to a private server with it, I hope you'll give my server a try.

You can find connection instructions (currently limited to instructions on using the BBA to connect) here, and you can read all about the server on its website, sylverant.net.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

Hey, Bluecrab. Nice to see that you're still working on this! I would test if I still had a dial-up connection (or a BBA). :P

Thread Information