Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! is out

DCEmu Newbie

Default 2.5 Japanese Firmware Works!

As I stated earlier I have a White Japanese PSP with Factory Firmware 2.5 on it. I had previously removed the e-loader so I re-ran the auto installer, then copied the contents of the 1.5 folder to the "Game" folder on my psp and then replaced the pbp file in the plain 'mapviewer' folder as stated in the readme and it works perfectly!

Deniska, all I can say is that this is by far the best program for the psp yet!!! I think the second best is probably Talkman, but I'm learning Japanese so I'm biased towards it because of that.

I'm still working up the courage to actually downgrade my psp to 1.5. If I do that I'll definitely pick up the gps and build the cable to take full advantage of this program. Or I might just buy another black psp to do that with.

Initial Impressions:
    Other info that should probably be in the readme or the offical post:
    1. Info on the map settings could be explained a little more, especially in relation to the zoom, mainly just an explanation.
    2. The "keyboard", just a list of what button does what, I was in a hurry to get it setup so it was a little confusing at first.

If either of those are in there and I just missed them, I'm sorry.

One other thing that would be nice, but I have no idea if it is possible, would be to have a battery indicator as a number and a percent sign showing somewhere. My reasoning is that I'm going camping this weekend and I might use the maps while I'm out on the trail hiking. It'd be nice to be able to quickly see what percent of battery life is left so I know how much I can use the unit as I hike.

Still, very awesome work, I don't think that there's a way you could lose this competition. Even if it didn't have gps compatability, the map viewer alone should win.

Thanks again,
    Jay

DCEmu Newbie

Default Problem on map

Hi everybody,

First thank you for All things Deniska ...

I would like singalize a problem, when I am under the software, I've download my map with my GPS coordonate. but I've "Out of Range" also, the map correspond realy where I am ...

I am in France do you have any solution.

thanks a lot for all

Quote Originally Posted by gooffer06
    Hi everybody,

First thank you for All things Deniska ...

I would like singalize a problem, when I am under the software, I've download my map with my GPS coordonate. but I've "Out of Range" also, the map correspond realy where I am ...

I am in France do you have any solution.

thanks a lot for all
    Do you run it with actual GPS device or in demo mode?
    check config.txt file make sure FAKEFEED is disabled (0)

Kochiro, thanks for your update on 2.5 compatibility - since lot's of people were asking...

Quote Originally Posted by sjohal2006
    Hi, Back again,

Just wondering, so, you have to get individual maps for city's, you cant get a map for the whole of the UK/England ? - Down to street level of course hehe

THanks, will there be a postcode kind of search soon? Like from A-->b type of thing? Then directions, turn right here etc... ?

Thanks....BEAT TOMTOM!
    Coverage, pretty much depends on how much size on your memory stick you can allocate for this thing and how detailed you want the maps be...
    Whole UK @ street level (2) will probably take ~ 2GB

I have not tried to make detailed maps of more than ~40,000sq km yet (256x256 map at zoom level 2)

I'm planning on coding in basic route feaure - not sure how SOON it will be done though ;-)

DCEmu Newbie

Default To Deniska

I'm using the mapViewer_v01 Version of your software And I have put fakefeed to 0 value and Now nothing appear and PSP don't communicate with GPSlim236.

And Now I've the arrow at the top left of the world map. apparently the software can't find my location.

Also I've try with your thirs software how indicate my GPS location and it's seem good.

Do you have any idea

Densiker, can it not be compressed?

Also, just for the England area....should be a little less....if you could do this it would be brilliant!

yooo this is sooo great the hard part is making the gps which i cannot

Quote Originally Posted by gooffer06
    I'm using the mapViewer_v01 Version of your software And I have put fakefeed to 0 value and Now nothing appear and PSP don't communicate with GPSlim236.

And Now I've the arrow at the top left of the world map. apparently the software can't find my location.

Also I've try with your thirs software how indicate my GPS location and it's seem good.

Do you have any idea
    Make sure you:
    1) have FW 1.5 or less
    2) WIFI switch is OFF
    3) DISK drive is empty
    4) you cable is OK (check with GPS viewer that I release
    5) your GPS is ok - check with PC soft or something else...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    Make sure you:
    1) have FW 1.5 or less
    2) WIFI switch is OFF
    3) DISK drive is empty
    4) you cable is OK (check with GPS viewer that I release
    5) your GPS is ok - check with PC soft or something else...
    Thank you deniska to try to resolve my problem, this my answer :

1- I have FW 1.5
    2-Wifi switch is OFF
    3-Not sure to understand ? talk about UMD Drive ? I've try without.
    4 & 5-Cable seem ok when I use your last software I have this :
    LAT : 43.709890 LONG: 7.270040 ALT : 45.90
    And My GPS seem to update infos each second.

Now If I try with option FAKEFEED=0 I've nothing on the world Map, also If I put FAKEFEED = 1 the worl map working but I am to New York ... but I am in Nice from France

very strange.

I have create map with your script under cygwin with this lat. & long. but I've the same problem.

Another Idea ?

thank a lot for all.

And your application seem very great

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information