Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! is out

Keep up the great work Deniska. This is a really Awesome app for the PSP!!! Great Work.

Just one question... can(how) do I locate myself with it?

DCEmu Newbie

great work deniska, good luck
    just ordered gps and cant wait to get started
    using this app!

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    You can still use it w/o GPS for viewing maps, etc.
    That's awesome! I just noticed you used La Bastille on one of the pictures (I'm French...)

Quote Originally Posted by kochiro
    Has anyone tried this with 2.5 yet?

I have a ceramic white japanese 2.5 and can't find a japanese 2.6 firmware file to upgrade with so that I could try to downgrade to 1.5. If anyone can help out with this it'd be great, thanks.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Try the one of the EBOOT's from NOGPS folder..
    make sure you copy all the stuff from mapViewer folder too(from 1.5)
    I don't have 2.6fw but some one told me that it worked (no gps funtionality though... and not sure if you can use WIFI)

DCEmu Newbie

No luck here on a 2.6 US version. PSP displays the satellite image graphic, but after selecting the program, it indicates 'This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted.'

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyWood
    No luck here on a 2.6 US version. PSP displays the satellite image graphic, but after selecting the program, it indicates 'This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted.'
    Hmm, I am assuming you using Eloader..
    This is very strange because I got reports from my beta testers that it was working...

DCEmu Newbie

This is my first leap into homebrew, so my experience is limited. It is very likely that I did something wrong.

I used the game-->memorystick menu on the PSP to launch.

I also just tried the %__SCE__ filename change, with no luck.

Well, welcome to the homebrew scene! :-)
    search google or these forums for GTA eloader info and learn how to install and use it...
    I know nothing about it, since I never upgraded from 1.5 :-D

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having issues with mapthis. Everything works well except when I try to do the part to get my location with the gps unit it throws me all the way to the upper left side of the screen. I also noticed that it says DATA: BAD. also No satellites.

I tried it with the Green Background test program and it worked fine. It also gave me the correct Lat/Long for my area.

I tested the unit itself with a laptop with both bluetooth and usb cable and worked flawless, also on a cellphone T-Mobile MDA via bluetooth w/ MS Streets & Trips and also worked fine. So its not the unit.

I also went as far as to doing the manual mapping by placing the cursor in my area the maps downloaded fine but when I go to activate the GPS it throws it to the farthest upper left corner and says DATA: BAD.

I have done everything over and over very carefully but I have no idea what else to do. Hope this helps you and me at the same time.

- Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jay87
    I'm having issues with mapthis. Everything works well except when I try to do the part to get my location with the gps unit it throws me all the way to the upper left side of the screen. I also noticed that it says DATA: BAD. also No satellites.

I tried it with the Green Background test program and it worked fine. It also gave me the correct Lat/Long for my area.

I tested the unit itself with a laptop with both bluetooth and usb cable and worked flawless, also on a cellphone T-Mobile MDA via bluetooth w/ MS Streets & Trips and also worked fine. So its not the unit.

I also went as far as to doing the manual mapping by placing the cursor in my area the maps downloaded fine but when I go to activate the GPS it throws it to the farthest upper left corner and says DATA: BAD.

I have done everything over and over very carefully but I have no idea what else to do. Hope this helps you and me at the same time.

- Jay

Here is most common causes:

Did you turn off WIFI switch?

Which gps unit are you using? Different baud?
    Check your config.txt settings....

Check if you have any messages in stdou.txt stderr.txt in mapViewer directory...

Well, I hope we'll figure it out.. ;-)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information