Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! is out

different firmware
    this is of course

You can't runt the executables on 2.8 (as far as I know).. so your best bet is to generate maps via cygwin scripts (or c# program, attached to one of the threads here), copy them someplace on your MS and open them through PSP browser...
    See the tutorial posted here abouth this...
    AND PLEASE, SEARCH THIS FORUM BEFORE YOUR POST, SINCE LOTS OF QUESTIONS OF THIS TYPE HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY...

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    AND PLEASE, SEARCH THIS FORUM BEFORE YOUR POST, SINCE LOTS OF QUESTIONS OF THIS TYPE HAVE BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY...

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Deniska, awesome stuff! Truly I was despairing the lack of usefulness of the PSP what with all its capabilities and potential it's really going to waste.

I've yet to try out the app (putting off stuffing around with cygWin ) but from the vid it looks great.

I also had a very similar idea that I was working on though I am more an interface and graphic designer and not a coder so I have all the interface concepts done up.

If you're interested in using any of the gfx I've come up with so far PM me. I'd be happy to talk to you about them... there's not much point me devving it anymore!

Keep up the good work!

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Deniska it me again.

i'v tryed to compile the source but no luck for me.

it will be great if you have some guide for it.

thx again for creating the best program for the PSP

you got my vote on the neoflash!

Quote Originally Posted by clipkilla

I also had a very similar idea that I was working on though I am more an interface and graphic designer and not a coder so I have all the interface concepts done up.

If you're interested in using any of the gfx I've come up with so far PM me. I'd be happy to talk to you about them... there's not much point me devving it anymore!
    Well, seems that other people release GFX effects/mods for other releases from DENISKA, I would apreciate as many mods as possible (if the're any good), customization is never too much...

I guess you can open a new thread here and upload youf files so anyone interested can try them out - I now I would... I've tryed to MOD some things myself but it didn't turnout the way I'd espected (lack the time...)

Quote Originally Posted by liornet
    Hi Deniska it me again.

i'v tryed to compile the source but no luck for me.

it will be great if you have some guide for it.

thx again for creating the best program for the PSP

you got my vote on the neoflash!
    Well, you should post the error messages that you get if you want me to give you a clue of what's wrong...

Make sure you have the latest toolchain/SDK installed.. you have to install zip/png/jpeg libs too...
    All can be obtained from ps2dev.org svn server

Quote Originally Posted by clipkilla
    Hey Deniska, awesome stuff! Truly I was despairing the lack of usefulness of the PSP what with all its capabilities and potential it's really going to waste.

I've yet to try out the app (putting off stuffing around with cygWin ) but from the vid it looks great.

Keep up the good work!

You pm box don't seem to accept messages...
    Well you can try to pm me, once you have it sorted out.. I may need some graphics designer help... :-)

DCEmu Newbie

I have the same problem as a couple of others here. When I try to activate the GPS function in MapThis, I can't get it working. It works just fine in the "greenscreen program". MapThis says that the GPS function is enabled, but that the data is "bad". I tried the following:

WIFI switch off
    No UMD in the tray

Ofcourse I have firmware 1.5.
    Now, the problem may be that my GPS has baudrate 4800. I did change the settings.txt file to use 4800, and I recompiled the "greenscreen" program to use 4800 also.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Xern
    I have the same problem as a couple of others here. When I try to activate the GPS function in MapThis, I can't get it working. It works just fine in the "greenscreen program". MapThis says that the GPS function is enabled, but that the data is "bad". I tried the following:

WIFI switch off
    No UMD in the tray

Ofcourse I have firmware 1.5.
    Now, the problem may be that my GPS has baudrate 4800. I did change the settings.txt file to use 4800, and I recompiled the "greenscreen" program to use 4800 also.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    The only thing I can remember is: do you have FAKEFEED=0 (use you own GPS)?

This is pretty obvious but is the only thing I can remember and you haven't mention it... I'll build me a cable/adaptor tonight and see if I can came up with something from the config to help you...

good luck!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information