Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Daedalus unofficial pre R8 Release (N64 Emu for PSP)

Quote Originally Posted by mcvader
    Download r7 and extract the Daedalus AND Deadalus% folders into F:/PSP/GAME folder (F: being the memory card removable disk drive in my Computer).
    Make a folder in F:/ called N64 and copy your uncompressed roms into it (the unoffical update dose not support zip's).
    Download the unoffical nofs version and replace the Eboot files in both Daedalus folders in GAME, quit usb mode, go to the far right option in the psp's operating system and choose the bottom option Memory stick and press X, Daedalus should be the top programon the list, Press X and enjoy.
    hope this helps

P.S, read the readme file in the Daedalus folder for help in the emu.

thanks now it works

awesome a pre-release , can anyone tell me which file is faster please...thanx in advance

NOTE: The FS and NOFS are mixed up. If you want NO frameskip use the FS version. If you want frameskip use the NOFS version. And this is way faster. I suggest comparing the opening Zelda cutscene on this and on R7. And blazed the NOFS version has frameskip applied on it so it will run the fastest, but it's way more choppy, and the FS version has no frameskip so it will run slower that NOFS but faster than R7, but it's alot smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooe14
    NOTE: The FS and NOFS are mixed up. If you want NO frameskip use the FS version. If you want frameskip use the NOFS version. And this is way faster. I suggest comparing the opening Zelda cutscene on this and on R7
    nofs is the faster one Cooe14?

I hope StrmnNrmn Adds the framskip option to the official release, I remember him saying there was no point in frameskip because it would only give a 0.05% or something increase to speed but the fameskip is a huge difference, I wonder what frameskip 2 or 3 would be like. Please, Please, Please give us a frameskip option.

The nintendo logo at the begining of zelda ran at 102fps for me but i thought the psp could only push 60? must the frameskip I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazed247
    nofs is the faster one Cooe14?
    Reread above post it's been edited . And I perfer FS because NOFS is just too darn choppy. And Mcvader the reason you got 102 fps is not because of the frameskip. It's because Strmnnrmn does not have a fps limit set on his emulator which means that the speed will be as fast as the emulator can make it even if the speed is above what the n64 puts out. I am guessing he will put a 60fps limit on it soon.

Default No No No

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrulz555
    Because daedalus is so advanced you must put the eboot in every folder on your psp to gain maximum effect.

C'mon man. It's not cool to mislead people. This kid could take that comment seriuos. Jurutyraj - the best thing you could do to familiarize yourself with the homebrew scene would be to read through the "PSP Help Forums". It's in the blue print on the left side of this sites main page. I'de just bookmark this site. PSP-NEWS is the definitive place for all your homebrew needs. Just remeber to look BEFORE you ask. And GOOGLE is your friend. Feel free to PM me if your ever in a jam....Oh, and one more thing, any program that say's it writes to your PSP's "flash" is a program that could potentially "brick" (permanently destroy) it. Make sure you are absolutley POSITIVE you have done your homework (and gotten the progam from a trusted source, which is right here @ psp-news) And whatever you do, DO NOT update the damn thing to play a new game. This process may be irreversible (depending on what firmware you update to). Just look on this sites main page for a program called "Devhook" to play newer games without updating. Good luck!!!

Yes but my point is I thought the PSP screen was limited to 60, mabye the emu's running it at 102 and the screen is just showing it at 60, I know he had'nt put a frame limiter on yet but then there's been no ponit up till now anyway.

Zipped Roms Dont Work!!

Quote Originally Posted by vettacossx
    Zipped Roms Dont Work!!
    no, not anymore

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information