Thread: How big a HD can you install in an Xbox?

Default How big a HD can you install in an Xbox?

Ok I been reading on the modchipping and softmodding of Xbox's and I even seen some kits that come with up to a 200gig HD. However I just wondered if you can get it to recognize a larger drive? I understand that softmodding is easier but it's alittle harder to get it to recognize your large HD is that true? I want to get a Xbox for an in car gaming system for the kids so I want to install a largest drive I can and run everything from there. Because kids and disc's just don't mix well.

well it depends from were you get them you cant get them for any sizes but the bigger the much it costs

Well I was planning on getting a 500 gig HD for it if it wasn't to hard to configure the xbox to recognize it. I kinda want the xbox to serve a dual purpose as an emulation machine and a portable backup drive similar to a usb drive. This way the kids can play it in the car and I can also store all my files on it (along with the dvd backups)

well its better if you take it to a shop and they put the hard drive for you rather than you putting it or you can research google

DCEmu Newbie

u could just buy a premoded xbox which has a large hardrive

It depends on how much are you willing to spend. Inthe front page of the site theres a great website for xbox modding and equiepment.

You can put as big a hardrive as you want really. Just make sure the hard drive you buy can be locked. Check this website http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Thread Information