Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emulators & Other Homebrew on 2.7+???

psp Emulators & Other Homebrew on 2.7+???

When you read the title, you probably thought "Oh great, another noob who thinks he found something incredible. Lets flame him".
    Well, if you choose to think that way, than maybe this thread isn't for you. I've had some free on my hands lately, and I got to thinking:

If you have a 2.7+ psp and you feel pretty much locked out of the homebrew community, is that maybe because the community has been focusing too much on the lower firmwares that support homebrew? The 2.7+ psp supports several critical formats that could help boost it's popularity:
    • HTML
    • Flash (.swf)
    • Javascript
    There are emulators out there written in flash and javascript. If you dont believe me, check out these links:
    Link Removed
    http://www.flashmagazine.com/1261.htm
    http://www.6502asm.com/
    Now I know that these emulators arent all that great, but someone with some decent coding skills could easily port them over to the psp, and perhaps fix them up a bit. If someone took the time and dedication to do this, we would start seeing a lot more homebrew on 2.7+ firmware. Who knows, maybe one day we will see an NES emulator written in javascript. It is possible, someone just needs to take the first step...

Edit: Sorry folks, I have multilayers of virus protection and I wasnt even aware of the trojan viruses. My pc is fine, and it didnt even alert me when I went to the site, but I removed the link just as yall requested. I am really sorry. I am suprised my pc didnt alert me.

That's a good suggestion Nafogel! It might just work.

Thanks A Lot For The 3 Trojans!

Do not go to any of the links posted, the top one WILL infect your computer with many virus's, namely ByteVarefy. A virus that will totaly F@&K your computer up! dont try the top one for any reason!

PSP User

Yes I got a warning from Symantec about the newsdee site. The others seemed fine, though.

Anyway, THIS WON'T WORK. Sorry to spoil it for you, but what about the OUT OF MEMORY ERROR. It happens on the "end of the world" flash, what do you think would happen on an emulator.

If the browser had more memory (and probably better flash), then yes it could be possible, but it doesn't.

DCEmu Old Pro

exactly what jman said (except i only got 1 trojan and 1 virus installer and i dont have to reinstall windows on my pc)

PSP User

You guys should be running in limited mode and have multiple layers of virus protection...Anyway, that link should be removed. And this shouldn't be in news since it won't work, like I said on my previous post.

Ya need to get that link taken off though...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jman420
    Oh Should We Mr. F&*king Genius Guy?! Do You Have Any Idea What That God Damn Link Did?! Now I Have 3 F%$king Trojans, Not Deleatable, Not Cleanable, And Not Quarentineable! All Of Them Byte Verify
    I Am A 3d Modeler, I Dont Have Time To F%#k Around Reinstalling Windows And Loosing F&$king Weeks Of Modeling Work! This Is F'n Bull%#it! I Dont Need To Have Multiple Virus Protections, I Need Idiots To Not Try To Poison My Computers!

I Just Bought A Dell Xps M1200, I Have Had It A Month, Just Got My Library Level For Gshc Done, Now I Have Another Week Of S%$t To Do Because Of This! I Dont Have Time For It! This Fool Needs Banned! And All Links Removed As Quickly As Possible!

And Thanks Alot! Now I Get No Sleep Tonight Because I Have To Have My Laptop Working For College In The Morning! This Is Not F&#king Fair! Why Dont You Check Your F'n Links Before You Post Em?!!?:!?!?!?
    If you had any common sense you would have backups of your work and have taken time to at the very least installed the latest hot fixes to your machine. And I'm surprised to hear that your 2000 buck machine didn't have an AV solution pre-installed.

If you took some time to take responsibility for securing your own machine then visiting the link (which no-one forced you to do) wouldn't have caused you half the problems you have mentioned.

shut up moron, I have all that.. I have McAfee, and all my updates, as well as all updates for WinXP Pro, that didnt help though did it?? I still got the virus's

Now Dont You Feal Like An Idiot!

now it doesnt matter, with a little cleaning it appears that I got rid of the infected files, but that is still only just good enough.. I need people to try ane be careful about posting links to virus infected sites..

if it was a honest mistake, fine.. but if this was intentional, this guy needs banned...

also, if you dont know you downloaded the trojan, you need to clean your harddrive and get it fixed, and install some antivirus...

I appologise for the posts that have been not intirely nice things to say, but this was an inconvience that I didnt need tonight...

I think that you have a good idea, but obviously, nobody could make an emulator for PSP with a trojan in it

im not a 2.7 user, im a 1.5 user, but anyway i think it might work and our 2.7 friends will have fun!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information