I got my Teensy++ Thursday and decided to port SNES9x (Super Nintendo Emulator) over to the PS3 as a little exercise to play with the Cell SDK.Github Source: Here
It's pretty rough but it seems to work OK. It will load (uncompressed) ROMs off of /dev_usb000.
If anyone is interested, the code is linked above via GitHub with a binary attached below.
It's a new port to PS3 LV2 OS based on the vanilla SNES9x source.
- Install Cell SDK >= 1.92. You know how to find it. Configure according to the install instructions (make sure to set CELL_SDK).
- Make pkg
- Load the pkg and your ROMs onto a usb drive.
- Install on PS3 using your jailbreak device of choice.
Things that suck:
- Lots of SNES9x features are not supported yet. No save states, for example. Most of these are really simple to implement.
- Sound code is rubbish. It more or less works, but you'll probably hear the occasional skip.
- Performance isn't great.
- UI. Or rather, there isn't one.
- So much more.
Source: PSX-Scene via PS3News
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)