- PS2: 26,547
    - GBA SP: 3,051
    - Game Boy Micro: 2,031
    - Xbox 360: 1,204
    - Gamecube: 940
    - DS Phat: 934
    - GBA: 23
    - Xbox: 6

Amazing to see how much the DS Lite is winning the console war in Japan at the moment, if they make the Wii and DS a system that feeds off each other and download games to your DS via Wii then we could see the next gen winner. PSP taking 2nd place is a good sign for Sonys handheld.

Thats ridiculous 196,719 DS Lites sold in just one week they must be making piles of cash at nintendo

DCEmu Newbie

I see a sudden rise in sales of DS Lite.

Normally it is around 146.000 sold and now it is suddenly around 196.000 sold. That is a huge rise.

What happened? Did Nintendo launched
    the TV add-on and browser in Japan? Or is it just a new released game?

Or maybe newborns are starting to play DS Lite.

DCEmu Newbie

hey
    Any 1 know how many units of psp sales world wild, from lunch til now?

DCEmu Regular

I think people need to take a chill pill here over the DS Lite sales. I had the old DS, so did my sister. I upgraded to a new DS Lite, and bought one for my sister's birthday. They are cool. And for a short time after buying one, I was really in the market for some more DS games.

But really, once you've played around with them, you realize that they are just the same DS in a new package. And DS games, in general, suck. It's already collecting dust next to my very shiny PSP with Dev Hook installed. Even without Dev Hook, the DS isn't as interesting as the PSP. You can't pause your game, and most DS games are very shallow, ugly, and boring, when compared to the full console experience of the PSP. There's more gameplay in Crash Bandicoot, then in all of the DS games put together!

After people get done upgrading, the DS sales will fall quite a bit. Call me a psychic, this is my prediction. The PSP sales will quickly gain ground too, the second Sony gets off their LAZY japanese Butts and reduces the price down to $150. Actually, ya know what, they don't even have to drop prices. It's clear that all it takes is something as simple as a new color change to get user's attention. Let's see some Fire Engine Red PSP's, or some Girly Pink. That alone would move more PSP Hardware.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i don't see the psp catching up. at the end of 2005 the ds was ahead by 1.5 million, and then it out sold it month after month. the ds lite came out in march thats 6 months of sales that are 3-4 times better a week than the psp.

http://videogamecharts.com/page5.html

Max I really don't see the PSP dropping to 150 anytime soon, they just dropped the price to 200.
    Anyway you can pause the game on DS, maybe you got that idea from wi fi. Also I think DS games are exactly opposite of shallow, ugly, and boring. Last time I checked New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Tetris, Advance Wars DS, Metroid Prime Hunters, and Animal Crossing all kick ass.

So the DS Lite Leads
    secret message!
    I used to have a signature here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information