Thread: Arcomage - A Heroic Fantasy Battle Card Game

Blog Entries

NDS Arcomage - A Heroic Fantasy Battle Card Game

Bodom-Child posted a new entry for the neoflash coding compo, heres the details:

Hi everybody!

After Aztec Challenge, which finished second at the last NeoCompo thanks to your votes, here's my new game : Arcomage!

Arcomage is a card game that could be played as a side-quest in the fantastic Might & Magic VII. Since I'm a big fan of this game, I decided to port it to the DS.

I've only ported the concept of this game, I've made a big part of the graphics and I took the cards graphics here and there.

Here's how to play :

- You start, you and your enemy, with a Castle of a certain Height and a Wall, protecting it.

- Your goal is to destroy enemy's Castle before he destroy yours, or reach a value of 100 for your Castle.

- For this you've got 3 types of resources : Mana, Stone & Gold, which grow each turn according to the number of resources generators (Temple, Quarries & Gold Mines) you own.
    (for example, if you own 2 Temples, 3 Quarries & 1 Gold Mine, you'll get 2 Mana, 3 Stones and 1 Gold each turn).

- To reach your goal, you've got a hand of 6 cards, whoch have different effects. Each card need a certain amount of resources to be played.

- If you have enough resources, place your cursor on it and press A to play it (or select the cart with the stylus and tap on it to play it). Otherwise, the card can't be played.

- If you can't play a card or don't want a card, press X to discard it.

- Once you've played a card (or discarded it), it's computer turn.

- After each turn, you get a new card to play.

- And so on, until you win, or loose?

Good luck!

In the version 1.0, you'll have 2 player hot-seat mode and Wi-fi mode, which I couldn't add due to a lack of time (holidays ).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Arcomage angers me because i keep losing. lol

DCEmu Regular

this game is amazing, I used to play it all the time in Might and Magic

Thread Information