Thread: Zelda: Swing The Wiimote For Sword Slashes!

Blog Entries

Rev Zelda: Swing The Wiimote For Sword Slashes!

Nintendo has made some major changes to the control scheme for the Wii version of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Speaking to Japan's monthly Nintendo Dream publication, producer Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that the game will now allow players to swing the controller for sword slashes.

At E3, players used the B button to swing Link's sword, with Nintendo explaining at the time that players would likely get tired having to actually swing the controller. "Upon actually playing it, it's more interesting this way," said Miyamoto to Nintendo Dream about the new control scheme.

Going along with this change, Nintendo has made modifications to the game's bow and arrow controls. In the E3 version, players aimed with the Wiimote, then actually shot out arrows using the D-pad. With the B button now free, Nintendo has moved the action to the B button. Miyamoto felt that that shooting the arrow with the D-pad was too difficult, and the B button allows for quicker and easier shooting.

It's unclear if the game will require the new control scheme or if players will be able to chose between different methods of control.

Very few games have interchangable control schemes in this sense, so i'd count on this as the only control method (probably final).

personally i like the sound of these changes, the innovation of the sword control scheme seems better suited to wii and the button change for easier usage of the bow should be a very practical and useful change.

DCEmu Newbie

But Zelda is left handed and I am right handed.

Oh well....No Zelda for me then.

This new control scheme is gonna pwn!

bsg i believe your thinking of link, because i cant say i've ever played as zelda.
    Anyways hopefully they'll make him right handed in this one (or so you can choose )

also i hope different motion control different swing e.g stabing from behind the sheild or jump slash

o man this is gonna be so fun!

Thread Information