Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What PS1 Games Do You Want To See Working In Sonys PS1 Emulator for PSP

Final Fantasy VII
    Wipeout
    Tobal n°1
    Resident Evil
    Gran Turismo
    Discworld

i wanna se final fantasy 7,8,and 9 and a few racing games o yea and tony hawks proskater 1 ans 2

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon
    I’ve been told on this board that we would never see a commercial release of the Punisher or Marvel Vs Capcom etc for PSP (thanks god for NJ) because EA now as the rights for the Marvel name and not Capcom... so would a similar thing apply to 3rd party games that came out on the PS1 emulator?

I’m looking forward to Gran Turismo, MGS, Ridge Racer.
    Exactly, this isn't like a music artist which contracts to make music for Sony which then Sony owns all the rights too. These third party developers had an agreement (contract) to produce their content for the PSX which they retain all the rights to and even the rights to publish the same works on other platforms.

Along this same line of thought. When books or such are made into movies lots of times the original author gives the movie companies rights to make a followup movie. Which the original author may have absolutely no part in.

I seriously do not believe we are going to see any third party titles ported to the PSP without some sorta contract needing to be hashed out. And as you pointed out EA has the Marvel rights now not Capcom. So we will not be see'ing Marvel versus Capcom ported over from the PSX because Capcom no longer holds the rights to Marvel.

Sony is completely failing us here because they will not be allowing us to rip and re-encode our original PSX disc's for use with their emulator. I believe we will be stuck only with their in house titles that they own the rights to with their emulator. We will see absolutely no third party titles being ported to work with this emulator without some sorta agreement with the license holder. Which as I stated isn't SONY. So your pie in the sky fantasies about 99% of the titles mentioned here will not be appearing on the PSP unless through a Homebrew Emulator.

DCEmu Newbie

Metal Gear
    Tomb Raider
    Syphon Filter
    Future Cop L.A.P.D
    Red Alert
    Tony Hawks
    Armored Core
    Fighting Force
    lots more but i cant think of them just now

I thought this might be the case!

Fingers crossed the home bru version will kick Sony ass and play everything... without any red tape getting in the way of playing certain games!!

DCEmu Newbie

I'd like to see Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre.
    Hopefully, I will

DCEmu Newbie

populous
    res evil series
    silent hill
    gta
    too many to mention

Star ocean
    tales of destiny
    Alundra
    etc..
    but most of all Xenogears

Quote Originally Posted by jguba7892
    playstation games take up too much memory ff7 alone is 1.3 gigs a ps1 emu is much more worthless than n64
    sony is making one themselves it will be full speed not the stuff people do on ther own. and size means nothing there are 4gb msd out there. the psone only had a 33mhz Processor Installed RAM 3.5 MB
    Installed Cache Memory 1 KB . so a good emu will happen the psp has a 333mhz Processor more then enough power to do it

Quote Originally Posted by killurparents
    Four pages and no one has mentioned Castlevania: Symphony of the Night?!! This was the best PS1 game HANDS DOWN
    Amen brother! Amen! I was starting to think the same thing.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information