Page 110 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1164

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up Converting .pdf to GPS or iPhonemaps OR combining maps

Hello IN7ANE,

thank you for this amazing software you have written, it is really fantastic.

I have two question for you.

QUESTION 1: The transport company of Montreal (STM), has map of the city with all the bus routes and metro stops on it. They provide it in a 4.5 meg .pdf format ( http://www.stm.info/info/reseau2008.pdf ) that has enough definition to be zoomed to street level. I would like to have access to it from my iPod but the file is to big to be loaded as a pdf. Is there any way of turing this pdf into maps tiles and then iphone maps cache?

QUESTION 2: I have made maps of various cities and I have even me a much less zoomed in map of the Eastern US and Canada. About 1 gig with a surprising level of detail (it's for all the highways and such). I have yet to see if my iPod could handle it. I will be making a map of Western US and Canada and I would like to know if there is a way I could combine the two maps. Is there anyway of overlay the smaller city maps in the big ones?

Thanks again! Keep up the awesome work!
    Fadi

DCEmu Newbie

Hi in7ane,
    Well I try one more time....
    Is it possible to view the maps downloaded via Global Map download tool (the GPSFS files) on a PDA (Dell Axim)? If so what map viewing software do I need?
    Thanks for any replies,

Tyhee 007

Default Help PLease

i try to create a map but i cant get the program to increase the size of the map in preview 1 it stays at 4x4 i need a big map for my area thanks in advance

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan0786 View Post
    i try to create a map but i cant get the program to increase the size of the map in preview 1 it stays at 4x4 i need a big map for my area thanks in advance
    Jetsfan,

I am having the same problem. Regardless of how far in/out I zoom or the location I try to capture, I am presented with only a very zoomed in 4x4 image when I attempt to do preview1x or preview2x. Please let us know if you find out what is causing this. Thanks!

DCEmu Regular

AdamRav, http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl.html refreshes to download the latest version of GMDL ( http://www.in7ane.com/psp/ sometimes also has the absolute latest alpha versions gmdl###.a.zip ).

pete69, a full map of China will be too big to download. The effect you are seeing is due to tiles on the right of the dateline being onscreen and getting picked-up - scroll further to the left (or click Advanced, Get Numbers and play around with the values).

tyhee007, I do not know on any other apps that read GPSFS, as for the download problems - it looks like Google blocked you for downloading too many tiles.

FFR, there are too many tiles to meaningfully tie them in Ozi, you can however Set Dir, click view and then GPSFS -> GE(S)O ... which will generate a Google Earth overlay (with each tile having lat/lon in the corresponding kml file) - the tile structure is in the Google Maps projection (conversion to lat/lon is well documented elsewhere). You can also Save 8192x8192 tiles from there, and tie them in Ozi (merge in Photoshop first if you end up with more than one), the corners are the same as of the top 4 tiles in the tilestack (top kml file).

mo.mashi, 1. Convert the pdf to a PNG, then follow the instructions at http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Global_..._Map_.28old.29 to create the GPSFS files which you can then convert to the iPhone format (let me know if you have any problems, this is quite useful so maybe I should document it better). 2. Theoretically yes, but in practice it will be too flaky to work (Maps.app loses the cache if you ever go outside the area/zoom).

jetsfan0786, rando, the sticking of zoom at a zoomed in level is due to Google Maps caching tiles, click refresh and then only zoom in to the area (what happens is if you start zoomed in and then zoom out the zoomed in tiles are still getting picked up to determine the location).
    Last edited by in7ane; January 17th, 2009 at 18:39.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the feedback in7ane. I opened my regular browser and logged out of google. I then re-opened gmdl. This solved the problem where only a 4x4 block was being downloaded.

DCEmu Newbie

tyhee007, I use GMDL, also for psp and Mapthis! and for make maps for Mio p350.
    After dowload a map for psp, you can click on "view" and then on botton "save 8192x8192".
    at the end of the process, you have, in the same directory of map for Mapthis!, one or more big images .png or . jpg that you can calibrate and then use with two software that I prefer: Memorymap and Pocket Compegps.
    Memorymap use files.tif at 256 color, Compegps use maps made from files.jpg more fine to look.
    Theese two software, that run under Windows mobile, unfortunately are not free.
    Regards
    Last edited by CLAUDIOGPS; February 7th, 2009 at 21:25.

DCEmu Newbie

hi, i have downloaded the latest version of gmdl. i used the new suport for google mapmaker. i noticed that the map creted by gmdl is not identical, some streets and land marks were not included in the gmdl map. thank you for a geate app it is relly helpful.

Hi there. I was wondering about something and did not have the time to read through 110 pages of posts to see if the question had been answered =P.

Is there a way to generate a database of residential POI's? i.e.: From house to house? I wanted to get the full commercial GPS functionality out of these awesome programs if it's at all possible. I would rather have this than going to the trouble of generating a single directions file every time I needed to get from my house to a friend's (or perhaps one of HIS friend's houses).

Is there a way to do this through the geodata that I'm just not seeing? I know it downloads the addresses but it can't plot routes.

DCEmu Newbie

Default in7ane! I need your help!!!

Hello there... congratulations for the GMDL, it's awesome.

I've been looking for geodata from Brasil and couldn't find it. So, I'm trying to make my own geodata file to use with MapThis! at the PSP. I've made a csv with these entries:
    -26,3611103; -48,8101808; RUA AMABILE SEBALDI; JOINVILLE (SC)
    -26,3586086; -48,8104450; RUA HENRIQUE WALMOR LENNERT; JOINVILLE (SC)
    -26,3611196; -48,8114431; RUA LEOPOLDO VOOS; JOINVILLE (SC)
    -26,3611866; -48,8101941; RUA SUELI MACHADO CARVALHO; JOINVILLE (SC)
    -26,3601466; -48,8113671; RUA ANTONIA CORREA VIEIRA; JOINVILLE (SC)
    -26,3554195; -48,8193221; RUA ABAETE; JOINVILLE (SC)

and converted to geodata.dat file. I put it at the PSP but I couldn't be able to find any of these entries. I've tried to type anything in the field "Street". There's something wrong with the entries?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by binhusc; February 14th, 2009 at 23:31.

Thread Information