Page 68 of 117 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    xb0xb0y, I think this has come up before - as far as I know there aren't any English Japanese maps - let me know if you find one and I'll have a go at putting it in as a source.

allenlee0112, I suspect it's the non-English characters in the path (of the application and/or map) that are screwing it up - can you try running from C:\temp_app\GMDL\ rather than C:\Documents ... let me know if that solves it - if it does it should be easy to track down the code that crashes.

I tried again but it still shows me.
    http://img15.imgspot.com/?u=/u/07/91/21/error.JPG

here is the error detail:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    System.Data
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    ZipForge
    Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Tem_app/GMDL/bin/Debug/ZipForge.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

DCEmu Regular

calvinwch, if it's google hybrid, they block you after a while - try VE instead.

kogetsu, if you can get the map out as a bitmap then yes, after running it through MapCruncher (but chances are it's a vector map that's specific to some sat nav - then no).

allenlee0112, from that screenshot it looks like you are adding geodata to an existing map, but not clicking 2/3 - Select for map (there should be a list of counties in the datagrid after you do that). see: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=612

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for your help in7ane. worked like a chram, now im just waiting for the gpsp cable to arrive and ill be on my way!

DCEmu Newbie

Default A few issues

First of all, thank you for a pair of wonderfully done software.

That being said however, I'm having 2 issues so far that I can't seem to find my way around.

1) I find that sometimes if I use the zoom feature, it loads up about half the tiles on the screen and just locks up the PSP. I then have to turn it completely off, and try again. It works perfectly otherwise, but intermittently fails at loading all of the tiles. (Seems to be doing it an awful lot now, no changes have been made to the map tiles or anything else between now and the times it was working great).

2) Address Lookup. I've read all about the Geodata, I even downloaded the entire 550mb library, and made sure the correct counties were selected. (San Diego County and Imperial County, California) And address lookup just locks up the whole PSP every time and freezes the screen. Reverse Geolookup however seems to work just fine, so I doubt that it is the quality of the data.

BTW: I am using 3.10 OE-A' FW. Is there something I can tweak to fix this stuff? Am I missing something?

Edit: This may be useless information, but it does this both on the higher cpu setting, and 222mhz. Trying really hard to get this resolved before my GPS-290 shows up in the mail

UPDATE: Nevermind! After perusing the MapThis crazy 71 page thread I found a link to the new beta, 0.4.97 and it works beautifully.
    Wasn't the Geodata after all.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    calvinwch, if it's google hybrid, they block you after a while - try VE instead.

kogetsu, if you can get the map out as a bitmap then yes, after running it through MapCruncher (but chances are it's a vector map that's specific to some sat nav - then no).

allenlee0112, from that screenshot it looks like you are adding geodata to an existing map, but not clicking 2/3 - Select for map (there should be a list of counties in the datagrid after you do that). see: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=612
    Sorry gonna bother you again in7ane, but it still shows me error.

---------------------------------

Error Details:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Tem_app\GMDL\bin\Debug\480418\counties'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames( String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()
    at GMDL.GEOmain.SaveDAT_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\GMDL\GEOmain.cs:line 694
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    Global Map Download Tool
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.37033
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.37033
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Tem_app/GMDL/bin/Debug/Global%20Map%20Download%20Tool.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data

DCEmu Newbie

allenlee: did you check the "get" boxes on the counties your map covers?

Thank for in7ane & plastikowl helping me
    finally I found out the problem.
    There are no GeoData for Oregon. No wonder it told me counties not found ><

DCEmu Newbie

Great work again

Keep on it!

DCEmu Regular

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.15b.zip

Canadian geodata version 2 (with closest city names - looked up via http://gnss.nrcan.gc.ca/gnss-srt ) (you can delete statcan_rnf from c:\gmdl - the app will create and use statcan_rnf_v2)

JoQ, Swedish geodata, still not completely decoded but I'm getting there, in the meantime street searches work with all street numbers set to 1, then search for 1 STREETNAME. See http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=717 about 0 street number searches, I think. (Decoding: x/y intercepts are the same, only the multipliers vary, and seem to have a pattern - code 122 is 2/6 code 244 is 2/12 - see the source for more).

allenlee0112, areas without geodata should now give a warning rather than a crash, thanks for spotting that.

DCEmu Newbie

Veeeery nice work in7ane, i really appriciate (spelling?) it

Tried it out quick and it worked like a charm, only thing is the thing you said yourself, housenumbers.

Thanks for putting time to this, i think many swedish Map This! users will like it.

Keep up the good work!

Thread Information