Page 52 of 117 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

Now I got it. My resolution was way off

Isn't there a way to view the entire page without changing the resolution. I couldn't even see the POI options with my old res.

What map type should I be using from the left column?

I've been using Google map. What works best for you guys?

DCEmu Newbie

really loving this, very accurate
    but how do you route plan
    i'm sure i'm missing some thing simple
    thanks in advance

DCEmu Newbie

do any have the map of singapore for mapthis 4.61beta????

DCEmu Newbie

@meme me
    check the FAQ link in my sig

DCEmu Regular

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.9b.zip

First of all - resolution fix: the window now gets scroll bars on smaller resolutions/sizes while still scaling up, sorry about this guys.

rhygin, map24 seems to have changed and I can't see exactly how it works after a brief look at it, if you really want it to be supported again you probably want to look at this part:

http://www.de.map24.com/source/routi...t_nav_info.php

But keep in mind that European companies have a funky interpretation of the law ( http://blog.oflaherty.dk/2007/01/20/...inked-to-them/ ) - so a method that takes something that is contained within a browser window would be fine, but using the session token to run a query would have to be a separate program by someone other than me.

So map24 is disabled for now.

Russian Topomaps added as a rough source (it will take time to get this to a useful state).

monkeyboy1982, Ordnance Survey (from their site) maps are not compatible with the google projection so would not have GPS support, also OS is known to be very militant about their data - and frankly I do not particularly want to host any code that would point at their servers.

deniska, haizad, I'll have a go at adding Local.Live as an alternative navigation page. A customized navigation page is a good idea - maybe a Google Maps mashup with everything stripped out or an openlayers.org map pointing at Google's servers (I'm not going to sign up for Google Maps API, but will have a go at messing about with openlayers.org javascript).

Thanks for the missing JPEG tiles fix - that works now. Also, another map that crashes (on load), 2048x2048 so that may be the problem, if you have time: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_vario...%20Ryazan).zip (730MB)

Nice work with the directions display!

DennyPSP, you need to specify points that link your source image files to lat/lon coordinates by lining up the source files on the left with the map on the right (see: http://research.microsoft.com/mapcru...#_Toc148418516 ) if it still doesn't work tell me an I'll have a go at creating a more step by step tutorial.

JoQ, in7ane.com does go down occasionally - it's on DreamHost and they seem to be doing some maintenance.

What you see in the browser is not exactly the are that will be downloaded - click the preview buttons to see what you will get. This is due to partial tiles being displayed and tile caching within the page.

I think I've replied to everything, if not, could you please repost.

DCEmu Newbie

QUOTE=in7ane;367199]

DennyPSP, you need to specify points that link your source image files to lat/lon coordinates by lining up the source files on the left with the map on the right ....

To in7ane

this I for a long time have understood that it is necessary to choose some points at the left and on the right all works without problems...

I had in view of little bit another, then when I open files MapCrunchers in your program and I press button Get Numbers then preliminary viewing - at me in column ZOOM shows a maximum 5 though in mapCruncher I saw all map entirely..

And if to shift coordinates to the left or to the right all map moves also I I see her entirely in the central window...
    Sorry for my English...

DCEmu Regular

DennyPSP, post in Russian if you want (tell me if you want the replies in Russian too) - I'll translate the question/answer for other's benefit. In GMDL - click Set under the MapCruncher option and select the directory with all the PNGs, it will get the numbers and set zooms by itself - just click Pull Tiles.

DCEmu Newbie

in7ane, im using your fantastic program, latest version 0.49b. But im experiencing some problems. The maps i'm downloading are all in Google Maps format, but if i choose one area to download, it aint the same as it _will_ download. Let me show this screen:

It's not the same area on the preview as on the result... And even if i pull more in one direction the map stays at the same place in Preview 1x. But if i pull even more it's a new place.

Can't explain exactly, sorry...

Thread Information