Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Newbie

Default Hi

hey iwould like to download the latest gmdl4.4.0 i think the link on the page 40 dont work :/ where i can find another one

DCEmu Rookie

here's the latest version of gmdl, http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...&postcount=478

DCEmu Newbie

thx im on gpslim which version of mapthis i have to use ?

DCEmu Rookie

read my sig above, go with the 0.488 beta.

if you havent done so already, download 0.46 and 0.488, copy and paste the contents of 0.488 download into the mapViewer (no %) folder of 0.46. make sure you go through config.txt in the 'system' folder and turn FAKEFEED=0.

Default Please Help

Can someone help me make a map. I've read all the FAQ's and it just isn't clicking in for me. How can I make a map from scratch. Please help cause I'd really like to get this working.

DCEmu Rookie

Default How to create a map using GMDL

How to create a map using GMDL:

Latest version of GMDL: 0.4.8b

1. Download and extract gmdl0.4.8b, all the files needed for GMDL to run are in '\gmdl0.4.8b\GMDL\bin\Debug' folder.

2. Execute 'Global Map Download Tool.exe'.

3. Using the Google map view, navigate to the area desire.

4. Click 'Advanced' button in the lower left corner.

5. In the box that shows up, click 'Get Numbers'.

6. Select the type of map from the list on the left.

7. In the Advanced box, select 'Preview', verify that the area shown in the center box is the one you want, if not, click 'Browse' tab, adjust the map (zoom in, zoom out, move it around), click 'Get Numbers' and 'Preview'.

8. Set the minimum zoom level, for MapThis! to work properly, zoom level must be greater or equal than '-2'.

9. If you want 'geodata.dat' to be added to the map, check the box 'Add GeoData.DAT (US only)', for US maps ONLY.

10. Click 'Set Dir' up top and choose the destination where map will be saved, must begin with '_' (underscore character), ie. '_Los Angeles'.

11. In the Advanced box, click 'Pull Files'.

12. A window will pop up, select zoom levels that you want in the upper left corner, only the checked zoom level will be downloaded.

13. In the 8x8 grid, uncheck any area that you dont want to download a detailed map for.

14. Click the bar on the top.

15. Sit back until map is created, place it in 'mapViewer\maps\' on your PSP.

DCEmu Rookie

I wrote the above instructions up from memory, the gmdl program is creating the GPSFS files from a 10GB map so I can't access any of the features. Please let me know if anything needs to be corrected/added.

Oh, the reason I have a 10GB map is because I made a MSN hybrid map of LA from zoom level 8 -> -1, 5x5 grid in the tiles selection. I know it isnt going to fit on any memorystick pro duo in existence, but I'm only using it to get some tiles and splice it with another MSN map of LA (regular) with the same specs.

@in7ane,
    This is just an idea, but perhaps we could mirror the google's startup page that is used in the tool and customize it (remove all non-relevant links/logos and data)... if you can trim it down to a few static files - I'd try to host it at dcemu...

FYI, yet another beta for generic GPS units version: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...051#post366051

Hi in7ane,
    A request for you:

Is their any chance of you incorporating Ordnance Survey Maps (UK only) for download in your next update please? I'd be very grateful.
    http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm

Thanks in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

Sony GPS Users...

I'm using the sony 290 module running 3.03oec and MapThis newest beta, first off.

Everything's working like a charm, except I can't acquire the satellites. I noticed deniska wrote in an earlier post you had problems acquiring with the Sony gps module (upwards of 5 minutes), but I can't get anything after any amount of time...any secrets you've uncovered recently?

When I loaded in San Diego, everything was working well, but now I'm out in Hawaii and I've got zilch. I've messed with the config file locations, to no avail. I'm running with the wifi turned off and no UMD, still no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Information