Page 69 of 117 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Newbie

Question Lat/Lon of the downloaded pngīs / download via Lat/Lon

Great tool, very powerful, but not easy to understand (took me more than 7.5 hours...)

Iīm a newbie and desperately looking for a possibility, to get Lat/Lon-Coordinates of the 4 Edge-Tiles of the downloaded Map. I need this data for the calibration of the map. Coords.txt doesnīt help.

Is there alternatively an option to load a map via a given Lat/Lon-Rectangle?

Sorry if this question ist not new, but I couldnīt find this information anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WulfP View Post
    Great tool, very powerful, but not easy to understand (took me more than 7.5 hours...)

Iīm a newbie and desperately looking for a possibility, to get Lat/Lon-Coordinates of the 4 Edge-Tiles of the downloaded Map. I need this data for the calibration of the map. Coords.txt doesnīt help.

Is there alternatively an option to load a map via a given Lat/Lon-Rectangle?

Sorry if this question ist not new, but I couldnīt find this information anywhere.
    Perhaps this site can help you understand the google mapping system: http://mapki.com/wiki/Knowledge_Base

It also has a bunch of tools to link tiles to coordinates, etc...

DCEmu Newbie

in7ane, i tried it a little more yesterday. It searches kinda good, but shouldnt it be showing road-directions? A line on the street where i should go? Couse now it is the "flypath" it is showing, as a white line (btw, a tip is to change the lines color, can't see it very well).

Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for your reply! Didnīt know this KB.
    Now I understand GM much better.

Especially the GM-Debugger

http://www.ponies.me.uk/maps/dbgmap.html

helped me a lot!

Finally I found on the same site
    http://www.ponies.me.uk/maps/GoogleTileUtils.java

which supplies functions to transform GM-Coordinates to Lat/Lon and much more!

Now it should be easy to complete my script to export downloaded maps to Trekbuddy and use them on my mobile phone.

in7ane I've tried to translate POI to DAT ,
    but received the error message that input string was not in a correct format.
    I've tried in dec and dms formats but still have error.
    What is wrong?

in7ane
    Thanks a lot.
    Now it works correctly but I have not understood
    why before a name of street i must put 1 and
    why search of a combination of symbols like in SEARCH POI MENU does not work?

DCEmu Regular

coach777, 1 for street numbers is only needed until the updated search makes it into the release version: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=54109&page=20

I'm stripping out all symbols for geodata to make entry faster (, _ - ( ) etc.) - let me know if you want them left in.

When adding Canadian Geodata to an existing map, do I need to check off all of the boxes that come up after I hit "Select for Map"? If so, why not add a feature that lets you select all? If not then disregard my ignorance.

Still the BEST homebrew combination EVER!!

Hi, I'm so glad to begin today. So, I need some help. I bought the GPS 290, but I don't know which program is better to use ...

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation This is my first time installing MapTHis!

hi,

Ok it's very confusing everything. For instance version 0.497 said to replace Eboot and system yet it didn't tell that you had to have a previous version.

This really destroyed my expectations. I thought it would be put those two folder under /game150 and work outta the box. It turns out that I need to do a lot of manual work. For me it's fine but I can't find a place where it says FIRST TIME RUN instructions. All those assumed previous knowledge of stuff.

Could someone please tell give me a quick guide to get it up and running?

Apparently I need two things to get started:

1- Download the Map: from a variety of sources such as google, yahoo, VE, WMS, etc.

2- Get the GeoData: the 30mb pack and 500MB pack. ( I am presuming these add the coordinates, zip codes, gas stations and so on?)

Where does statcan_rnf_v2.zip 30MB on in7ane.com fit it in all this? Is this for Canada or something? I am in USA.

With these two things I can start in this order:

1- Download the Map.
    2- Browse.
    3- Preview. (doing this I got 5 pictures)
    4- Test. (doing this it showed this "progress: 15% - 860 out of 5460 now at zoom 2x (got 0)"

Then I close the app at 15%.

why are three dirs?
    site dir, SET, ->GPSFS
    And above set dir again?

Where should I put this?
    http://www.in7ane.com/psp/usgs_tiger/NY_county_borders

By the way, for a quick run, can I discard the steps of POI and Directions?

What does GPSFS stand for? I wish there was a description of all the terms that the programs uses.

Ok thanks and sorry if this is a confusing post. I would appreciate if someone could guide me a little bit.

Thread Information