Page 97 of 117 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    If Tiger can display only root streets in the first picture, then they must know the distinction. Perhaps you could contact them to ask how it works.
    Those are not the root streets - those are highways..
    Note all those streets in light yellow on the google map for the same area: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...0675&z=13&om=0
    for example, there is nothing in tiger data to distinguish those streets from the "regular" streets..
    Looking at the street extention (Pky, Blvd, etc) in order to "upgrade" some streets helps a bit.. but not much...

So, I think the best solution is cross checking against googe map colors:
    1) Find the center coordinates of the line in question (every line in the set, actually)
    2)FInd the corresponding pixel on google map tile and check the color, to deside on whether to upgrade the street status from 41 to,say 39..

DCEmu Regular

deniska, I would prefer not to mix in Google data into the TIGER dataset as the derivative work issue is not very clear in this case (for example OSM is very concerned about it, it seems: bottom of http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index....gins/WMSPlugin however their reasoning seems to rely on the TOS being enforceable in their jurisdiction) (for me it comes down to not being able to host the resulting files). But potentially I'm biased since roads are better graded in the Canadian data so it's not really an issue there.

As for the technical side of making the upgrading segments work - that could be something the user runs (it would extract the vector file, download the area, at zoom 3 say, do the comparisons and write a new vector file).

I haven't got any code that generates anything out of the Canadian data yet - will be free(er) after the 17th so will start then properly.

in7ane, currently I am more concerned with implementation of this thing on psp side.. I guess we can start worrying about the quality of data after I have a stable vector map engine up and running...
    In any case, I think, we should be pretty safe with "provide the tools, not the data" model..
    We'll see how it goes...
    I'll try to do more coding after 17th too.. once I get back from my ski trip to Snowbird, Utah...

DCEmu Newbie

"something not quite right with this page, change to map view"

I get that when trying to dl australian google map, works fine with MSN. What am I doing wrong?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by terebi View Post
    "something not quite right with this page, change to map view"
    i have the same from this morning .. can't download maps from google. they don't like gmdl?

DCEmu Regular

gmdl0.5.04b
    http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl.html

Fixes getting x/y from google, something also seems to have broken with user-agent and webclient (in a recent windows/ie update I think), that's fixed as well - but let me know if anyone still has any problems.

DCEmu Newbie

Default map of Israel for PSP GPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find a map of Israel for PSP GPS
    Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Default Maps

In7ane,
    1- is possible to show pois on one of two your beautiful software "_util" or GMDL sez. "View"?
    Now is impossible, bat with some change.... Wold be very useful.
    2- In GMDL section "advanced-> custom map", is possible to make maps from pictures files with a limitation to the greatness of the map. Is possible in future can do larger maps with "base zoom=0" ?.

Regards.

DCEmu Newbie

i need help downloading the new version map this.. my psp doesnt allow me to see 3d, night mode and etc

Default New Discovery

Hi Guys,

I dont know if it happens to you, but when downloading Maps from google maps sattelite, google block your ip's, I just find out a trick to unblOck you right away. Just go to GOOGLE LANGUAGE TOOL. http://www.google.ca/language_tools?hl=en

it will say that you might have a virus. It will ask you to enter some caracter to verify that you are a human. just enter the caracter and you are now unblocked. But this trick work only once.

Thread Information