Page 60 of 117 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Newbie

And immediately got a maxed out error on of the cells so I guess i 'm not sure how uping my divisors help

DCEmu Newbie

I was also wondering what key words are optimum for searching poi's. For example congestion or safety camera how would you create those?

I'm wondering the exact same thing

I was just creating a USGS topo map for a lake I'm going to this weekend. Theres a large white stripe on the left side of my map. Is this an anomaly and a coincidence? Or did USGS cripple me somehow? It really wiped out a large portion of my map. EDIT: Nevermind, its only in the 32x zoom level. Maybe its a USGS problem. This message will self-destruct in 5...4...Inspector Gadget anyone?

DCEmu Regular

zashley1, the divisors split the search area into smaller cells and query each one for POIs (since there is a maximum number of POIs per query that are returned - which is what is triggering the message), so set them higher until you no longer get the warning. Your best source for safety cameras are probably the TomTom lists people have created.

joeschmoe.lyt probably an area for which they have not scanned a map - can you see it on http://www.backcountrymaps.com/ (Topo layer)? If yes - post the location and I'll take a look at it, if no - you should probably email terraserver-usa since they may not even know they missed it.

DCEmu Newbie

Success! I map searched peoria illinois (biggest city near my location) hit "got numbers" then Put "food" in the search field and set radius to 100 and put divisors at 120. It returned my results within 20 minutes. Upon reviewing the eye candy on the PSP I noticed the results were a bit off because it included things like seed companies(cattle feed I presume)and other random assortments. So now I have the same settings with "restaurant" in the search field and it returned cell max out error. So I bumped up my divisors to 150 and now I have been waiting for a result for approx. two hours. Should it take this long or do you think the program is hanging? Has anyone had this same result? Was it successful? and How long did it take?

You may want to wait a day or 2 before a new "search"..putting 100 in to Lat/lon divisor boxes would trigger 10000 POI inquiries from your IP..
    after a certain number the vendor's application would realize that this is an automated inquiry and may either ban your IP or return some "ERROR" page which may take more time to get...
    Therefore you are seeing extremely long times...

DCEmu Newbie

So does it work if I were to make smaller ones and copy and paste the text (without the image tag of course)?

sure

DCEmu Newbie

ok, can someone reupload the newest ver. of this program? the link there for the new one isnt working

Edit: sry i found it now, but now im so confused on using the newest one lmao.

Thread Information