Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1164

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Newbie

Hello all,

First, I just want to thank all the involved in this great project that is MapThis! and GMDL. It's just great tool and very powerful.

I have just some small questions:

What is the best way to create a map? I mean, I was trying to make a map of Finland, following all the directions and recommendations from this forums.

I checked the tiles that were relevant for the map, checked the 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x levels of zoom (since the 1x it's unnecessary in my opinion.) But the map it's just in a HUGE size.

I'm still figuring out how to make this Finland map without having to download Gigs of information.

The other question is about the Google semi-auto feature to retrieve the geodata of the selected area. I just don't find very clear how to do it and a bit confusing. Maybe someone can clear things out for me?

Once again, thanks a lot!

DCEmu Newbie

Question

Hi i'm a newbie to Map This and In7ane tool.

I'm trying to download map of Bangkok Thailand using in7ane.

When I "Browse" to the area that i want the addresses are all displayed in English Language (which is what i want), but when i download the map it is all in Thai language.

I cannot figure out how to make it download the English version like in the Browse window.

(In the preview window it also shows the Thai language version)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dave111 View Post
    Hi i'm a newbie to Map This and In7ane tool.

I'm trying to download map of Bangkok Thailand using in7ane.

When I "Browse" to the area that i want the addresses are all displayed in English Language (which is what i want), but when i download the map it is all in Thai language.

I cannot figure out how to make it download the English version like in the Browse window.

(In the preview window it also shows the Thai language version)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    The trick is to add another parameter to the tile URL. Consider 2 URLs below:
    http://mt2.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2....om=2&s=Galileo
    http://mt2.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2....=Galileo&hl=en

Note that the second URL is ending with language definition parameter: hl=en...

The easiest way to make it work with gmdl is to attach this parameter to the version number (in the top left edit box: w2.75&hl=en (next to Google Map radio button)... To check that it's working just hit the preview button

DCEmu Newbie

Hi In7ane or Deniska,

i use mapthis and your tool with my bike but a usefull idea that i have, is that possible to implement a third line in directionsearching. for example i have have a prefer place and ride over there.for example i will from point 1 to point 3 but i will ride over point 2.

Second question.I use mapthis very often to discover new places but its hard to dictionary all function of the great tool. i dont understanding really the things with the mapcrusher all things going right directions or maploading,but is that possible to combine maptiles from different downloaded maps?for example i will from east germany straight ahead to north, but i cant load all 600 kilometr so i would load only the tiles where goning the roads and the ways. what can i do to save memory of my card

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Hi In7ane or Deniska,

i use mapthis and your tool with my bike but a usefull idea that i have, is that possible to implement a third line in directionsearching. for example i have have a prefer place and ride over there.for example i will from point 1 to point 3 but i will ride over point 2.

Second question.I use mapthis very often to discover new places but its hard to dictionary all function of the great tool. i dont understanding really the things with the mapcrusher all things going right directions or maploading,but is that possible to combine maptiles from different downloaded maps?for example i will from east germany straight ahead to north, but i cant load all 600 kilometr so i would load only the tiles where goning the roads and the ways. what can i do to save memory of my card

thanks
    1)Another arrow is not hard to do, but since it's not the frequently requested feature, I doubt I'd ever implement it..
    2) gmdl allows you to cut out certain parts of the map OR certain zooms.. This should help to reduce your map size.. Then there is a compression tool to cut off another 20% if needed... Read up the forums and the manuals/readme to gmdl

Hi, I tried registering to this forum but the authentication image doesn´t show so thats why I´m using bugmenot username.

Anyway, my question is how to use png - tiles on a website? I know there is a folder named mashup in the Windows maps download tool where there is a template for website. Problem is that it doesn't show the tiles which I have extracted with windows maps download tool to subfolder named tiles. Is the structure according to Tile Map Service (TMS)?

What changes do I need to make to the code in order to get png tiles showing in website?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    The trick is to add another parameter to the tile URL. Consider 2 URLs below:
    http://mt2.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2....om=2&s=Galileo
    http://mt2.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2....=Galileo&hl=en

Note that the second URL is ending with language definition parameter: hl=en...

The easiest way to make it work with gmdl is to attach this parameter to the version number (in the top left edit box: w2.75&hl=en (next to Google Map radio button)... To check that it's working just hit the preview button

Thanks man! works like a charm...

DCEmu Newbie

Is GMDL still working for Google Maps ? Yesterday, while i was ddownloading some Hybrid maps from Google of Lanzarote, it stopped working. It kept telling me i was missing 35 tiles.

When i paste the url from the ERROR.LOG in a browser, i get an error about automated downloads.... I think they blocked GMDL completely and changed their tile downloading stuff

Even preview in GMDL stays empty.
    Last edited by Scubix; June 13th, 2008 at 09:08.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    1)Another arrow is not hard to do, but since it's not the frequently requested feature, I doubt I'd ever implement it..
    2) gmdl allows you to cut out certain parts of the map OR certain zooms.. This should help to reduce your map size.. Then there is a compression tool to cut off another 20% if needed... Read up the forums and the manuals/readme to gmdl
    thanks deniska, i try your tip,this works good, you mean the gpsfs utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubix View Post
    Is GMDL still working for Google Maps ? Yesterday, while i was ddownloading some Hybrid maps from Google of Lanzarote, it stopped working. It kept telling me i was missing 35 tiles.

When i paste the url from the ERROR.LOG in a browser, i get an error about automated downloads.... I think they blocked GMDL completely and changed their tile downloading stuff

Even preview in GMDL stays empty.
    it is always been a case with Google satellite imagery - they have a pretty small quota... all you can do is to try to continue to download the same map next day.. there is a feature in the program - to check/repair the map

Thread Information