Nice guide, thanks for posting this
WARNING: This can brick your psp! I will not be held responsible for any damage caused to your psp. If you follow this guide you should not have a problem as i have downgraded 5 psps and i know what im talking about.
(1) A psp that does NOT have a TA-082 motherboard.
You can check this by opening your umd drive and looking for gold writing at the top right corner. If you have gold writing you cant downgrade.
(2) A psp with firmware 2.5 or 2.6. It is suggested if you have not upgraded before and are a 2.5 user that you first upgrade to 2.60. You can download the 2.60 update here.
Place the update in the GAME folder of your memory stick in a folder called UPDATE, then go to the game icon in the psp menu and load the update (make sure the A/C adapter is plugged in and you have a 100% charge.)
(3) A usb cable
(4) A psp A/C adapter
(1) An unpatched UMD of gta liberty city stories. You can check if you have a unpatched GTA by going to the game icon and pressing up.
If you have a 2.0 update, its not patched
If you have a 2.6 update, its patched
(2) The full 2.5/2.6 -> 1.5 downgrader which you can download from here
Step by step instructions:
(1) Open up the downgrader we downloaded earlier in the tutorial.
(2) A screen will come up telling you not to downgrade if you have a TA-082 psp, just click on the screen to continue
(3) Another screen will come up telling you to use an unpatched copy of GTA, as before just click on the screen to continue.
(4) It will ask you if you are ready to upgrade. Click on yes.
(5) A screen will come up telling you to connect your psp to your pc, connect your psp to your pc and click on the screen to continue. I highly suggest you format your memory stick before you continue.
(6) A screen will pop up asking you if you agree, read what it says and click on agree to continue.
(7) Once again a sceen will pop up asking you if you have a 2.5 or a 2.6 psp, make sure you click on the right one! Press next to continue.
(8) A screen will come up asking you to select the root of your memory stick, just browse, click on your psp (your psp should be called removable disk) and press next to continue.
(9) Some files should now be transfering to your memory stick, when they are finished click next.
(10) You can now disconnect the usb cable and load up the GTA UMD.
(11) When the UMD loads up you will see a menu with "Downdater test" written on it, before you do anything connect your psp to the A/C adapter.
(12) when you are ready press x or o to run the downgrader.
(13) Yor psp will go black and the memory stick light will start flashing, do not remove the A/C adapter or turn off your psp.
(14) When the downgrader is finished the psp will restart and a data corrupt message will appear, press o to continue.
(15) You may see an error saying disc could not be read, if this happens restart you psp.
(16) You now have a 1.5 psp!
(17) You can now format your memory stick and fill it up with homebrew!
If you have any questions leave them here and i will reply asap.
Hey The EX, maybe you could post your "Custom Firmware Guide" here?
I've just bought a PSP so I am kinda new to this stuff. But when I'm trying to downgrade my 2.6 I'm getting an error. When I'm trying to start the downdate test it says that the file is damaged. The others files are also damaged. Can someone help me with this?
Did you download the file from the link in this tutorial?
Did you format your memory card before you put any files on your psp for the downgrade? Follow this tutorial and you will have no trouble.
I think it was like 5mins (the longest 5mins ever lol) but just to be sure only reset your psp when your memory stick has stopped flashing for at least a minute
Well, this handy dandy program bricked my psp tonight. A big thanks for whomever made this utility... :rollseyes:
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)