Thread: Gamestation launches pre-owned reward scheme

Blog Entries

Forum Gamestation launches pre-owned reward scheme

Gamestation has launched a reward scheme, called the Elite card, that will offer XP to customers based on trade-ins and purchases.

The scheme will also feature accolades - similar to achievements in concept - that will award bonus XP to customers hitting certain targets, primarily focusing on the trade-in of games to support the company's pre-owned business.

The XP is worth 2.5 per cent in real cash terms - so 1000 points is equivalent to £2.50 - and points can then be spent in-store or, from October 27, on the Gamestation website as well.

There are currently 20 accolades available at launch - which when awarded will trigger an email of congratulation - including the following:

Soldier of Fortune – 250 XP earned for buying your first pre-owned item
    Get Your Wings – 500 XP earned by performing your first trade-in
    Lightning Speed – 2000 XP earned by trading in 10 games within 14 days of launch
    Bolt Speed – 4000 XP earned by trading in 25 games within 14 days of launch
    Head of UK PR Neil Ashurst told GamesIndustry.biz that it was crucial that the proper time had been spent on creating the concept of the Elite card.

"It's hugely important, for two reasons," he explained. "Firstly, Gamestation customers have been asking us to create a reward card for several years, so we've spent time making sure that it's right for Gamestation and for the customers - and it rewards their specific behaviour.

"Obviously there are competitors out there, and we wanted to make sure that the Elite card was the best it could be - it has to be about the customers and fit it with what they want."

And top of that customer behaviour chart was the ability to trade-in old games and buy other pre-owned titles.

"Really trade-in is central to the whole programme - you get 2.5 per cent back in terms of points for trade-ins, and then there are the accolades as well," he went on. "We want to encourage that behaviour, and make sure there's that element that enables us to stand out from everybody else trying to get in on the act."

The retailer's move follows the news that more and more stores are offering pre-owned schemes, and more accolades will be added to the Elite card line-up over time.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...-reward-scheme

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having problems with that math.

They say points are 2.5 cents per point in cash terms, then they say 1000 points = 2.50 (sorry, don't know how to get whatever money symbol they use).

now i'm familiar with base 10, and the american money system that uses base 10, and cents, and it tells me their math is way ****ing wrong.

Am I missing something? It's like 4am in the morning and I might not be at my best.
    Last edited by nyder; October 9th, 2010 at 12:18.

Thread Information