Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips & tricks

Default Tips & tricks

Here is a few things, I did not mention in the original README file:
    - format your MS as FAT32 (not FAT)- you'll be able to put much more map data on it
    - if you use it with GPS receiver, make sure that UMD drive is empty and WIFI switch is OFF
    - you can delete large maps much faster if you move all other apps out and format the MS
    - use in7ane's visual tool to get maps and POIs
    - you can generate maps with negative zoom value with some services,but check the preview to make sure the data is available for your area first.
    -you can delete some zoom levels to save space by deleting Nx folders inside your map's folder. You cannot wipeout the 1x (base) zoom folder though.

keep checking this thread for more tricks...

DCEmu Newbie

If you have an actual gps device, you need to disable FAKEFEED (set to 0) in the config file...

DCEmu Regular

Formating in FAT32 - you need to restart the PSP afterwards (for the directory structure to be reloaded I guess). Also, you only need to copy the PSP directory (not MEMSTICK.IND and MSTK_PRO.IND). There is no need to rename directories in GAMES to 32 characters, as instructions elsewhere suggested (at least for firmware 1.5). And formatting on the Mac works as well (to PC DOS).

Negative zoom works (except for Google Map - which only goes down to 0). In my experience, Google Satellite goes to -3 (to -4 in Vegas), all Local.Live maps go to -2.

The "Google Maps Download.exe" will work on its own (just compile a release version which will be marginally faster, or copy the one out of bin/Debug). I will not release "just the exe" since I think it's important for people to have the source and not just run some random application.

You can order the applications (they end in %) in your GAME folder by renaming that to GAME_OLD, creating a new GAME folder, moving all the folders not ending in %, then the ones ending in % starting with the one you want to appear last.

You can do the same for the maps in the maps folder, BUT starting with the map you want to appear first. (Or you can probably edit the modified dates)

DCEmu Newbie

###########################################
    ####### SPEED CONVERTION MULTIPLIER #######
    ## MOST DEVISED GIVE SPEED IN KNOTS #######
    ### USE 1.8523 FOR KILOMETERS #############
    ###########################################
    SPEEDFIX=1.151

How can I get this to MPH, for use in the U.S. ?

SPEEDFIX=1.151
    should give you the MPH

DCEmu Newbie

Ah cool didn't realize the default was MPH thanks.

Great work. Now i need to travel far

DCEmu Newbie

Lightbulb My method and results..

Hi everyone, and thanks deniska for this wonderful application and in7ane for the lovely and useful map download tool, really great work, Sony (and probably the other GPS device manufacturers) should thank you as well for making their GPS products sell worldwide..
    I use the PSP-290 and it works ok, for the signal quality issue I believe in the "decrease the interference" idea, and for this I use the mp3 prx which can be found here ,and reduce the CPU speed to 28 Mhz, as you can see there is no conflict with mapthis!, the CPU speed can be read as 28 Mhz.

Here are my results, and I was travelling in a bus and my psp was on my lap, I wasn't doing anything like holding it closer to window..

Post your results if you try it too..
    Good luck, and have fun..

to cuizable or to anyone who can answer my question,
    i'm just wondering where do u have to put the mp3 prx and what do u have to do to make it work? thanks

I can set this frequency from withing the application. In fact I currently experiment with 39Mhz for gps info screen. Unfortunatelly such low cpu clock makes other screens really slow and eventually hangs the application as some updater threads don't complete in allowed time.. Hopefully I'll fine the best frequency soon..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information