Thread: Sony succeeds in banning PS Jailbreaks in Europe

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

ps3 Sony succeeds in banning PS Jailbreaks in Europe

Good news for Playstation 3 fans.

Sony is not sitting idly and watching the PSJailbreak wreck havoc. Apart from sanctioning the very mention of the name over at US websites, Sony has finally succeeded in banning the selling of the modchip in Europe.

After releasing a security firmware update which made the PSJailbreak useless, Sony has gone 1up now and the Japanese manufacturer has cut the grass from under the feet of prospective hackers through an order which makes it illegal to sell the modchip and all its clones in Europe. This news has been confirmed by ChipSpain, one of the leading modchip online retailers who have taken off their stock of the PSJailbreak from their website following this recent order.

Friday, October 8, 2010 · Prohibition to sell PS Jailbreak and its clones.

Friday, October 8, 2010 · Prohibition to sell PS Jailbreak and its clones. PS jailbreak and similar products have been withdrawn from stock. All orders will continue to receive full support.

This is really positive news for Sony and we hope they can soon stop the selling of this modchip throughout the world. It won’t be foolish to say that hackers are having a tough time. First, the security update and now this. As for PS3 fans, you should be relieved that being loyal to your console has paid off and you can still do whatever you want with your PS3!

We will keep you updated as more on this emerges.
    This is a great move to stop piracy but sucks for those who are really interested in the homebrew scene. However, this does not affect USB development boards.

Source: GamersMint
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Regular

This does absolutely nothing. You just buy the cheaper development boards and program them through usb. It takes probably 5 minutes to read up on how to do on the internet if you are a complete noob and 10 seconds to perform.

Homebrew and "backups" 4 eva!

or buy a dingoo to do the same job
    homebrew both at home and your pocket

DCEmu Newbie

Hehe, is it me, or that article fell a lot on the sarcastic side?
    Nevertheless, sony thinks that stopping the PSJailbreak will do any good, but there are so many options to unlock the PS3, in my country they sell a PCB with PSGroove already in it, almost at the price of the parts needed to assembly it.

So Sony is ****ed, they have never escaped homebrew and piracy, and they never will :b

Psjailbreak team is not giving up, they are saying they'll be releasing support for new firmwares on October 20th.

http://www.psjailbreak.com/news

Long live console hacking

Blog Entries

Hah, I received my PS3break just the other day from France. If there is a banning only on the devices, it won't stop anyone making them in the present and distant future with anything that holds memory.

DCEmu Regular

Congratulations Sony!!! You've just spurred people on to make every device with a memory into a JB device, and how's removing otherOS working out for you? Personally i'm looking forward to the day i can JB a Ps3 with a 4 slice toaster.
    Last edited by Fonixx; October 10th, 2010 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonixx View Post
    Congratulations Sony!!! You've just spurred people on to make every device with a memory into a JB device, and how's removing otherOS working out for you? Personally i'm looking forward to the day i can JB a Ps3 with a 4 slice toaster.
    4 slice toaster :rofl:

Thread Information