Thread: Rengoku II this October

Blog Entries

psp Rengoku II this October

News via Eurogamer

The insanely titled PSP action game Rengoku II: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N. is due in Europe this October.

Players take on the role of a "battle android" called A.D.A.M. who becomes trapped in a "mysterious tower filled with fearsome enemies".

Perhaps unsurprisingly for a battle android, players must kill the crap out of eight floors of bad guys, armed with weapons that can be tweaked into more than 300 different combinations.

Using the seven deadly sins as inspiration for the, erm, eight levels, Rengoku II will also feature character designs from a chap named Jun Suemi. Who we're sure you'll remember got his crayons out for games such as Firehawk, Silpheed and the Wizardry series.

There's also M.U.L.T.I.P.L.A.Y.E.R. modes in the offering, with four players going head-to-head, the ability to share sections of the game with those too poor to buy it, and downloadable maps, weapons and items.

So, if you missed Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory, feel free to knock yourself out with the sequel this October.

DCEmu Pro

Thumbs down

its just my opinion, but dont buy it. no offence to anyone who actually liked either the first one or the sequel. first off this game like its first installment , Tower of Purgatory, has a very repetitive fighting style. you run around untill you unlock all the rooms in one floor. once you have done so, a Boss elevator thing will be unlocked, Big surprise right, second off this game, exactly like Tower of Purgatory, has ABSOLUTELY NO PLOT. No offence but, Tetris has a better plot than this game. finally the weapon assortment. their are yes, plenty of weapons to chose from, an assortment of guns, swords, hammers, axes, grenades, and rocket launcher type weapons. this makes for a huge veriety of combinations, yes. But, Guns are by far the most powerfull, long-ranged, and fastest weapons in the game making all other weapons obsolete, and therefore worthless. if you find yourself getting this game you will find that you will only use 4 of the same strongest machine gun because you will be practically invincible killing even the strongest enemy in a matter of about less than a second.

overall i would rate both the first and second game
    A solid 2 out of 10.

sorry if anyone really like this game and i just put someone down. but i just wanted to warn a few interested buyers.

edit- lots of typos

Oh mi god this was an awfull game not even for free.

I have to agree, the games gonna suck just as bad, why even bother with this one????

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    its just my opinion, but dont buy it...
    No other way to say it better Gene. But no offense to Konami and their wonderful metal gear series, but what were they thinking?

Thread Information