Thread: Pac-Man Controlled By Real Life Crickets

Default Pac-Man Controlled By Real Life Crickets

Via Hello Gamer

A College student named Wim van Eck has created a version of Pac-Man which pits the player against real life crickets unwittingly controlling the ghosts in the game.

The aim of the project was to analyze the "advantages and disadvantages of real-time behaviour of live animals in comparison to behavior-generating code in computer games".

The color detecting system picks up the movements of the crickets in the model maze and then maps them onto the game.

And it seems the crickets put up a bit more of a challange than the computer controlled enemies, At one point a cricket was said to have shed its skin - effectively making it invisable to the color detector for a few seconds (cheat!).

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

lol?? wth man...i'm an insect lover =P
    poor crickets running around in a little maze...erm....why didn't they jump out? the walls of the maze ain't that high...i wonder what would happen if they did...imagine seeing a flying ghost in pac man...one moment it's behind and the next u smack into it and GAMEOVER...lol

Some people have to much spare time.

Talk about spair time.

Thread Information