Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of PSP Browser and DS Browser

General games Comparison of PSP Browser and DS Browser

Via DS Vault

When Nintendo announced the web browser for the DS, it came to a suprise of some and was expected by others. With the Europe launch coming up, and the U.S launch coming within the next months, details about the browser are almost set.

But how does the DS browser compare to the PSP browser? Which one is faster? Which one has more features?

We will answer all these questions and more inside.

You may think a web browser is just a web browser right? Well, when it comes to gaming consoles wars, you need to be the best in everything. Nintendo is looking to increase the popularity of the DS by offering something the PSP has and eliminating a special feature from it. This couldn't be possible however, unless the Opera Browser was comparable to the PSP Browser.
    Anyone in the world could see the main difference in browser, that is of course, Nintendo went to a professional web browser company called Opera, and Sony did there own browser for their own product. It is also apparent that the DS is going to utilize both of its screens.

The next main difference is the on screen keyboard. The PSP uses just that, an on screen keyboard. Since the DS has two screens, there are several different ways to the keyboard and it just so happens that Opera picked all of them. The keyboard will be displayed on the bottom screen so you will be able to touch the keyboard to type. Opera also made it so that you can just scroll with your d-pad and select it that way. Possibly the most innovative way however, is the feature that allows you to write. You will be able yo write your URL you are going to or any text in the browser!

More important then any feature that a browser could have, is the speed of the browser. Looks like the PSP hit a homerun on this one. There have been many reports saying that the DS browser is very slow and "almost not usable" On the other hand, the PSP has a generally fast browser.

We all know what the PSP browser supports: most images, flash, rss, and what it doesn't support: Movies, Music, etc, but what about the DS Browser--Well, here you go:

The browser doesn't support a lot of Internet standards: no Flash, no movie files, no images other than .GIF and .JPG (and possibly .PNG), no Java.

Which browser will be faster? PSP Browser

Which browser will have more features? Opera Browser for DS

How does the DS Browser Compare to the PSP browser? Post a comment and express your opinions

I think the PSP browser will be better because of flash support and because it's faster!

It's just so much simpler to go on a regular computer. You never realize that until you actually try the browsers. The PSP browser is so useless to me.

It's useless enless your on vacation or something. That's the whole point of it, for when you don't have access to a computer.

my friend computer was down at his house and i needed to send someone an email, i sent her a zip file and the fakenes emulator through my psp * i didnt have access to his or my pc) its not GREAT but it is useful in certain situations.

My main question is how are we going to gain access to it? do we buy it like a Gamecard or is it installed with the DS's non-existent updates?

When I upgraded my PSP, I've used the PSP browser once ... but my fav pr0n site did not come up with anything so I have not used it since.

All the psp needs is the keypad and the browser will school the ds one ;D

Quote Originally Posted by pibster
    All the psp needs is the keypad and the browser will school the ds one ;D
    Agreed, the lack of a decent input on the PSP really negates the usefulness of the browser.

yeah psp one shold be better with a keyboard!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information