Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nullDC status report (Dreamcast Emulator for Windows)

Blog Entries

Dreamcast nullDC status report (Dreamcast Emulator for Windows)

Bobbi posted this news:

Some of you might still remember this announcement from early this year talking about a new dreamcast emulator called nullDC. Now, half a year later, we're happy to bring you a status update on this emulator today with some screenshots showing the great progress which has been made.

But let's start with some real facts directly from the authors this time: The authors are ZeZu, known from the never released Icarus project, and drk||Raziel. The emu, unlike mentioned in some other news posts, will not be open source. It uses plugins for emulating video / sound / input and gdrom functionality, so other authors will be able to contribute to the project easily.

During the development, the authors decided to set compatibility above speed. This resulted in a nice compatibility, but requires better hardware to emulate the games at full speed (an Athlon64 3000+ with a GeForce 6600 produces great results). As you can see on the screenshots, games such as Dead or Alive 2LE and Toy Commander are already playable and compatibility becomes better every day.

Watch this space for further informations on this emulator. A release date hasn't been set but shouldn't be too far away any more; don't ask for a specific date please.

Screens Via Comments

WOW, I cant wait for this

Easier than setting up my dreamcast

Very sweet news. nullDC seems to be very powerful now. Congrats to ZeZu and Raziel.

Yeah, amazing news

Quote Originally Posted by Zion
    Easier than setting up my dreamcast
    Heh, I highly doubt it, but this still is good news

Sweet, I hope this has near 100% compatibility.

Despite the fact that it's very almost necessary to download hacked CD images of the DC games (since GD-ROM's cannot (reliably) be read under any circumstances by a standard CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive), the concept of (even near) fullspeed Dreamcast emulation with a high compatibility rate sounds like a supremely neat thing to look forward to.

Dream Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Runefox
    Despite the fact that it's very almost necessary to download hacked CD images of the DC games (since GD-ROM's cannot (reliably) be read under any circumstances by a standard CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive), the concept of (even near) fullspeed Dreamcast emulation with a high compatibility rate sounds like a supremely neat thing to look forward to.
    You can make full GD-Rom images by using a DC with a BBA or coders cable.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

i font understand how a freakin' modem can give u a game... just dont. will this null have online play?

Quote Originally Posted by quzar
    You can make full GD-Rom images by using a DC with a BBA or coders cable.
    Tell that to the hordes of kids who want to emulate DC while they don't even know what a VMU is :P

Great news for the emulation scene nonetheless

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information