Thread: Retailers can also kill homebrew scene...Hermes leaves scene

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

ps3 Retailers can also kill homebrew scene...Hermes leaves scene

Everyone knows that Sony is doing everything in their power to stop the sales of any jailbreaks. But one way to slow down or help stop the progress of finding and advancing in the knowledge of the PS3 is to have retailers cause developers to leave all for the name of profit.

Chinese cloners are not only profiting from freely distributed files like PSGroove but now they are adding names such as Hermes. A Chinese cloner not only made a dongle with PSGroove printed on it, but is now also including files from Hermes as well as printing his nickname on the dongle to help with sales.

Here is what he said (translated):

This should be a sick joke!

Not only take advantage of the work of sceners, if you have the nerve up to take my nickname as a reference to a product, and notice that I have nothing to do with them. Well if that's what they want, go ahead! Selling their clones and seize whatever they want, I happened to keep the riffraff and although I feel for others, here ended my contribution to the scene of PS3.

Greetings

This is a very sad day for the PS3 scene. I would link to the site selling the dongle but I even want to give them advertisements to the site.

Hermes also posted additional explanation on his reason to leave the PS3 scene. He also released his LAST custom payload v4 and source code for those knowledgeable and want to pick up where he left off (translated):

Good.

Sorry to keep you waiting, but today I had family commitments and the thread was closed when I'm gone.

First, say that I have uploaded what I have so far: includes the patches that we have mentioned in another thread and some new ones. The main novelty is that it has "cleaned" the source code to eliminate double relocation of the code, since we do not need. Also included a new dynamic patching system comes in handy to allow redirection of / apps_home a / dev_bdvd in games, to receive as first parameter EBOOT.BIN path correctly, if that could cause some problem.

I climb the V4 that already had committed and if other people want to continue development (the scene is a collective, not as a team, everyone is free to contribute whatever they want and how you want and at a time want).

Secondly, I thank you for the support you have shown me

If you do not mind, I would like to discuss a few things in the remainder of the post.

I have 41 years and at that age, one is clear about certain things and know why you get rings and what not. As some know, I'm not a professional programmer, but a construction worker unemployed (like many others, unfortunately), which devotes her time to a hobby (which is in unemployment assistance, that there is something to kill time ) And shares what he does with others, for the simple detail that positions and why not all benefit?

Interestingly, I usually get into these "fregaos" because sometimes I see things are rudderless and I think I can contribute ideas and my point of view and in the electronic scene, but never on a pair of hands and a brain that provides . So touching roll up, we roll up, all of course, non-profit or to cash in on any class that is not what is sought.

Obviously, one is not stupid and knows that is what's going on around here: there is always profiting rock that takes advantage of the work of others, without contributing anything (or if they bring improvements, "close" to each other) and there are always people strip of land the job of others. This is what usually bother me, as is logical and understandable, since obviously I'm not here for companies that skirt the law or not, is profiting without contributing anything at all and I have a perfect right, such circumstances or otherwise, participate in setting the scene and fix my code working with this scene and its exclusions.

In this case, I decided that because a company is using not only the code, if not my nick as bait advertising, making misunderstand that I'm behind that product, fail to develop a code that make for entertaining and that you I offer to you as anonymous people who are, without either profit interests.

Some people do not want to understand this and think "bah, is a childish temper tantrum in plan" or "not as annoying, because Hermes is also a nickname adopted and this Easter."

Instead what I think is that who are they to judge my decision and I am the less I lose if I participate, so do not know why some people think that I win something by participating. And that applies to those who charge you 30 bucks for a chip applications or develop them as needed and not me. And if I believe that one has crossed a line where I say enough, not only my right, but it seems logical to give back the ball and say "ale, nice people do not want to bring you the car?. Since take you peak and shovel and herding "

I have no financial backing behind consoles or debug or retail consoles with different firmware, or special devices that teensy but I rode or USBKey I bought. Is not it logical that those who live on this, whatever they have to make improvements? Or I have to do the time for R & D department inadvertently?

Anyway, I think the thing is clear: for the time step will continue doing nothing and being the turn of others to pick up the baton and show that besides making chips and collect dollars, also bring improvements to their customers or scene in general, without taking single code or a nickname borrowed from others as a decoy, because basically, they offer nothing.

Greetings

Updated: Added source code version v4 with the latest patches found (are grateful to Mathieulh their contributions). This is my final contribution for those who want to return to work and develop it, I go up for reasons of commitment and that the scene is a collective work. The new features of Hermes V4 are listed below.

Features:

- New Address 0x80000000007ff000 end of the payload at the end of the Kernel in order to add the extra code needed (the code is relocatable, if necessary)

- Added support syscall 8 with Stealth and other kernel functions such as copy, allocate memory, perform routine, add path table (for replacement / redirection of files and directories), etc. (see syscall8.h for details)

- Support for Homebrew in / apps_home/PS3_GAME similar to a flash drive or connected on / dev_usb000/PS3_GAME

- Syscall redirection 36 games to run diskless / apps_home/PS3_GAME

We hope Hermes would look past this and continue to help the PS3 scene but we understand his reasoning and wish him the best.

Source: ElOtroLado / Additional Hermes ElOtroLado explanation
    Last edited by bandit; October 17th, 2010 at 16:11.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

whats his problem now?he should know that chinese copy everything
    homebrew is ''underworld'' and with no real fame,so dont play it hero

Thread Information