Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worldwide BaseMap for free from Garmin

DCEmu Newbie

Default Worldwide BaseMap for free from Garmin

? ?

DCEmu Newbie

Its a 33mb raw data dump of a world map,now free that Garmin used in older GPS units. The data may be useful as another source for available maps for MapThis! Or not.

DCEmu Newbie

I know this is a dumb question...but i have searched all over, but is there a base map that can be used on Mapthis? i knew this one would not work, but i had to try, my psp has been going nuts for like 20min... i only want to know because i travel so much (in U.S. Military) and i cant make custome maps on gov computers... any help would be awsome. YOU GUYS ROCK! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by z3r0 View Post
    I know this is a dumb question...but i have searched all over, but is there a base map that can be used on Mapthis?
    What do you mean by base map? Earth? The continents? USA?
    For example, I made a base Earth Map which has the biggest cities at lowest zoom level, than I have detailed maps for different locations and even more detailed ones for some metropolitan areas. It all depens on how big your memorystick is, MapThis! can handle large files ( 350MB+) as well...

i knew this one would not work, but i had to try, my psp has been going nuts for like 20min...
    Without any result? What does going nuts mean in this case? The memorystick indicator light is constantly lit?

i only want to know because i travel so much (in U.S. Military) and i cant make custome maps on gov computers...
    You don't have any access to civilian computers, not even on your leave? shore-leave? There are possibly slight legal implications when somebody posts these maps for others to download... *sigh* I know...

DCEmu Newbie

yes, a Earth base map, can that one be posted?

yes, my memory light was solid for like 30min befor i shut it down.....

i do have access to civ computers normaly, but i am curently in Iraq... any assistance would be great, but i would never ask anyone to do any thing elegal.

DCEmu Newbie

The only reason i would like a earth base map is i am just getting into MapThis! and i cannot make my own map of where i am to test the prog, and i cant ask anyone else to for security reasons, so a generic earth base map is all i could go to for testing, if i am SOL so be it, i just wanted to know if my setup was going to work or not, no bigie.... i'll just test it when i get out of here...

DCEmu Regular

z3r0, I'll post NASA base maps once they finish downloading (a few hours), in the meantime, on the odd chance you are in Baghdad:

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_vario...020070316).zip
    via http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Baghdad

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you so much, this is perfect!!! i cant wait to see if this works! You guys are great! Good guess with Baghdad, but not quite it

THANKS BUNCHES!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information