News via http://thatotherdev.wordpress.com/20...-the-question/

Just prior to turning my focus to PS3 homebrew I was working on, among other things, a 2D racing game made with SDL. I was making it for the latest contest going on at sdltutorials.com.

It has some kinda cool stuff in it. There are destructible walls, a camera that rotates and zooms in real time (keep in mind that its a truly 2D game and doesn’t use OpenGL or in any way involve mapping things onto hardware accelerated polygons), sprite based text that isn’t mono space (a super simple thing but still something that I’ve never done before) and some old school style motion blur.

But now the contest is reaching its conclusion and I don’t know what I should do. I can definitely get the game done in time. Perhaps not with AI controller cars to compete against but definitely as a time trial style racing game. Except I’m having doubts about whether or not I should submit it.

The Pros:
I could potentially receive $20 USD in a pay pal account.
Once the game is finished I could easily and quickly port it over to Wii which I’ve been feeling bad about abandoning for PS3.

The Cons
Feeling like a jerk. I still consider myself to be a noob and I did even learn some things that I didn’t know yet from their recent post about Alpha-blending in SDL. But I have actually been making games for a while now (one person on psx-scene referred to me as being prolific in the Wii homebrew community which I found amusing largely because the term prolific doesn’t actually imply anything about quality) and I havent actually been following the tutorials at sdltutorials.com (most of what I’ve learned has been from trial and error and random pages found on google and only viewed once). It never actually says in the rules that you need to have learned this much from this site or that this must be one of if not the first game you’ve developed. But its implied or at the least I perceived it to be.