Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: SD Adapter for Dreamcast Released

                  
   
  1. #31
    DCEmu Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This thing looks great, and thanks for the review Anthony817 (DFW area code? I'm 972!).

    Anyway, I have a question. Does this thing do anything with DC saves?
    I'm looking for a way to take saves from my VMU and back them up on the PC. And maybe even download them from PC and put them on VMU.

  2. #32
    DCEmu Oldbie Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    That would be cool if there was a tool that allowed you to put VMU Saves on the SDcard and then put them on your VMU. At the moment though the only games that allow you to save to SDcard homebrew games and thats only if they support it.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Dont listen to DJ Vectorman i seen him at other forums talk about that Sega Genesis emulator for the Sega Dreamcast.
    Since you mentioned me in another year, I will take a page out of your book, Eric. Wow you saw me at other forums asking same question. I do that because I'm on all the Sega forums and they get less and less traffic it seems, so I figure the more who could answer me the better. Eventually others like Anthony answered me maturely on another site. I have a few people I met on these forums who I email for direct answers, however I will post questions below and hopefully this community can help me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Everybody gives him the same answer
    Well 2 people eventually answered my question, Anthony and another on SWAT. The answer was No Kega on DC doesn't exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    if you ask me hes just trolling for attention.
    Here is the thing, nobody asked you. Here is another thing, you are wrong. If you read all my posts on all the forums you could easily realize that is NOT the case. By your logic, a person on various Sega forums asking things are trolling for attention. Admins on other sites respect I post info like uploading dcvcd etc and nobody accused me of trolling, except you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I will also tell him no that Sega Genesis emulator does not run on Dreamcast and no there is no Sega CD emulator so you cant play Sega CD on Dreamcast.
    Was answered MANY months after you mentioned me here, but thank you for answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    It dont matter if you have a SD Adapter or not software from Windows cannot run on Dreamcast unless somebody has developed that emulator for the system.
    Guess what, that is all I was asking. Hopefully one day Kega will be ported to dc, and hopefully on sd then.

    Now that I cleared that up, I have a few questions hopefully you experts can help me out with since I am a noob (Yes I asked on other forum but got vague answers on how to do it) :

    Hello guys, hopefully this forum is still active as most sega or dc forums are now inactive or shutdown from hackers but I just bought this from china.

    I have 3 questions.

    1 - When I get it, can I d/l a 2011 roster which is a dci file or whatever from my pc via online, put it on sd card in my pc sd slot, put sd card in sd reader of dc, open file in dreamshell 4 cd, then transfer the dvi nba 2k2 2011 roster from sd to my actual dc vmu ?

    I hope yes.

    2 - What brand sd cards or size can I use 4gb or 32 gb or ? Which working one do you guys prefer ?

    3 - One last thing, what are isos I can d/l that PERFECTLY WORK WITH SD DC ?

  4. #34
    DCEmu Oldbie Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Don't ever talk back to me but i can answer your questions if you'd like though the first question sounds like an obvious troll post.

    1 - When I get it, can I d/l a 2011 roster which is a dci file or whatever from my pc via online, put it on sd card in my pc sd slot, put sd card in sd reader of dc, open file in dreamshell 4 cd, then transfer the dvi nba 2k2 2011 roster from sd to my actual dc vmu ?

    I hope yes.

    2 - What brand sd cards or size can I use 4gb or 32 gb or ? Which working one do you guys prefer ?

    3 - One last thing, what are isos I can d/l that PERFECTLY WORK WITH SD DC ? ░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
    ░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
    ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
    █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
    █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
    ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
    ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
    ░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
    ░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
    ░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
    ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

    1. No you cannot use PC saves or Rosters on the Dreamcast and Dreamcast commercial games can't read saves from the SD card.

    2. All brands of SD Cards should work up to 32gb

    3. We will not answer cause if you didn't know already its illegal to download commercial games and I will take that as another troll post.
    Last edited by Eric; July 21st, 2012 at 02:56.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Don't ever talk back to me
    Don't ever tell me how to react to your negative name calling of ME. If you initiate talking bad against me (calling me a troll), I will reply back. Think and ask yourself why my last post was like it was. For the 2nd time...I'm not a troll or trolling.

    but i can answer your questions if you'd like though
    Ok thank you.

    the first question sounds like an obvious troll post.
    How ? For the 3rd time now, I'm not trolling.

    1. No you cannot use PC saves or Rosters on the Dreamcast and Dreamcast commercial games can't read saves from the SD card.
    Ok thank you for answer. However I got other answers from other forums.

    "maverick

    Files from SD to VMU: Yes. The File Manager in Dreamshell has a vmu folder where you can save/sort your vmu files." - Dreamcast Talk

    "neitmrh15

    Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm

    I was able to use Dream Explorer to transfer an NFL 2k2 roster update to my VMU pretty easily. It comes pre-loaded with a ton of VMU saves." - Dreamcast Talk

    "You can copy RAW files to/from VMU via filemanager or dump/restore full VMU filesystem (on emu ex. vmu.bin). DCI files not supported." - Admin of DC-Swat

    So Eric, I believe you, but I will try to find a way to do so. When I do, I'll post. If not, oh well I tried. There are people telling me yes or no that's why sometimes I like post same question of various forums. Maybe I'll try a RAW dump as admin on Swat suggested, however I'm clueless on how to do this. Here is roster I'm trying to put on my dreamcast VMU :

    h t t p : / / w w w . g a m e f a q s . c o m / d r e a m c a s t / 5 1 6 6 9 2 - n b a - 2 k 2 / saves


    2. All brands of SD Cards should work up to 32gb
    Ok thank you. I will buy a "32GB SD HC 32 GB Class 6 Secure Digital Memory Card NEW" then.

    3. We will not answer cause if you didn't know already its illegal to download commercial games and I will take that as another troll post.
    I apologize, every Sega forum has different rules, some won't tolerate it some won't. Thank you for heads up. Do you happen to know though what retail games fully work 100% with sd reader, I heard only a few do, I am searching online but can't get a direct answer. For instance does let's say Sonic Adventure 1 ? I know sd will play emulators like genesis4all and homebrew, but I'm looking to play a retail game on it.

    "I plan to only use it to host ROM's for emulators anyway." - Mod from Racketboy

    But I will try and put a retail game on sd and see what happens, I'm aware most dc games are slow but a couple play perfect. I'm searching for answers to which ones do.

    Also for 4th time, I'm not a troll. I talked negative about SD on various forums, but after seeing it's progress and hearing it can play various things, I decided to buy 1. I'm just iffy if I must change read me bin files to get some games to work, as I said I'm a noob.

  6. #36

    Default

    Type this url in your browser, which is below, WITHOUT spaces (for some reason I can't post a picture directly on this forum because it says something about "limited posts urls"), and you will see MY sd card reader for my dc and a message for YOU...

    h t t p : / / i 4 5 . t i n y p i c . c o m / 1 0 z m o 1 l . j p g

    I am asking legitimate questions here but everything seems to be a troll post to you.

    Remember I am a noob, I just got this and I honestly need easy step by step instructions to get some stuff to work on it. Thank you for your answers thus far though.

  7. #37
    DCEmu Oldbie Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Let me tell you what trolling is Vectorman. Going to forums across the net to get your answer but then double posting to make sure you get that answer. Trolling can also be from posting questions that are pretty clear to be answered with a "NO" so why post them for. If you want things to be answered stop asking so many times and sometimes do these tests on your own cause we probably won't be able to answer some of your silly questions. I already told you to stop being a rude and your not listening. You have no asked a second time what commercial games will work with the SD Adapter. I had already told you that it is illegal to talk about copied games or making bootable games on the SD Adapter. Its not the real product so it is point clear "ILLEGAL".

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Let me tell you what trolling is Vectorman. Going to forums across the net to get your answer but then double posting to make sure you get that answer.
    No trolling is ruining many threadS and attacking many memberS and causing chaos on a forum. What you are doing is purposefully attacking me FIRST and saying I'm trolling asking questions. Then repeating I am trolling 6 times perhaps to make yourself believe it or to persuade others. Then acting like they are being rude simply REACTING to it, when you initiated it, but blaming them for being rude. Then when I put that on notice, you having nothing more to say but insults because you know I'm right and so do the people with common sense reading this. That is exactly what happened. Don't see it ? Re-read our posts then.

    Trolling can also be from posting questions that are pretty clear to be answered with a "NO" so why post them for.
    Did they say no for roster when they answered my legitimate question ? No, you did. They said I can use a RAW dump, can you help with me that or will you keep attacking me ? How do I make RAW rosters and put on vmu ? If you don't know, just say I don't know and hopefully another member can answer me.

    I appreciate your answer for sd card type I needed, I just bought one that is 32 gb. So thank you.

    If you want things to be answered stop asking so many times and sometimes do these tests on your own cause we probably won't be able to answer some of your silly questions.
    There is nothing silly about them. I ask same question on various forums because these forums get low traffic, the more the knowledge the better, de ja vu. Maybe I keep asking so somebody eventually posts a simple helpful answer, instead of vague totally different answers or complex tech talk like changing info in read me bin files I don't understand.

    Also, How can I test it if I'm asking how to do it or just got device ? As you can see from picture url I posted above, I just got it and need help because I'm not tech savy like you guys, ok. I put a "oh boy I can't say it because it's illegal" on a 1 gb sd and it didn't work. I do things on my own, but I'm clueless on sd thus far. So what can you tell me about sd card that isn't illegal ? Do you have it ? What cool things have you done with it, play mpeg1 movies off it or homebrew OR can't I even ask about sd now because it's "ILLEGAL" ?

    I already told you to stop being a rude and your not listening.
    You said I am trolling, you, that wasn't rude ? Your implying I am a troll, that isn't rude ? Who keeps degrading my questions here, you, that isn't rude ? Who keeps try talking tough to me here after I show them their actions to me, only you, I REACT to actions, so talk to me with respect, and I'll do same to you. It's a simple concept. You were the one talking negative on me, I don't put up with that crap. And I won't.

    You have no asked a second time what commercial games will work with the SD Adapter.
    Yeah because you said I can't talk about back up cd illegal isos for sd but last post I just asked about retail games (ones I bought from store then and still own now) for instance if you placed it to sd because it has a transfer tool and tried it off that but I guess that's illegal to discuss here ? (Notice that wasn't same question BTW). So why even have the sd card thread here if everything to you is illegal or is just talking about back up games illegal (which yes I understand that part now) is, be specific.

    I had already told you that it is illegal to talk about copied games or making bootable games on the SD Adapter. Its not the real product so it is point clear "ILLEGAL".
    Ok, and I stopped asking about copied back up cd iso games after you said it ! And no you never said "making bootable games on the SD Adapter" is illegal before - THIS is what you said :

    3. We will not answer cause if you didn't know already its illegal to download commercial games and I will take that as another troll post.
    Where did you mention sd booting is illegal in that statement ? You didn't. Anyway, Now here is what I'm asking NOW :

    Which retail games play perfectly ? Retail games (ones I bought and own) for instance if you placed it to sd because it has a transfer tool and tried it off that.
    Now if that is illegal TOO, ok I'm sorry. Like I'm sorry for mentioning iso site in my previous post. Is homebrew games illegal here ? Is me asking you if you use sd card to play homebrew games like "kill ryu 2" and it plays perfect off it illegal too or asking if a REAL GAME YOU OWN PLAYS OFF SD AFTER YOU TRANSFER IT ILLEGAL ? So this is "dc emu" but I can't discuss this here ? Interesting.

    Everything boots off sd when it's on sd, this is a sd thread !


    That's one of the reason this exist, BTW. But can you tell me anything LEGAL like if you personally have sd card and do stuff off it you think is cool ? I call homebrew 4th party. I think it's cool guys make games for dc still. Hopefully you will start being respectful, and answer me nicely. If you can't answer me, can you refer me to a Sega forum I'm unaware of but more active. Because honestly it's just me and you talking about this here now.

    Edit :

    Found my old account info. Was that tinypic . com picture url I posted illegal too ? If so, sorry.
    Last edited by dj vectorman; July 23rd, 2012 at 03:57.

  9. #39
    DCEmu Oldbie Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    If you don't know the forum rules then leave. We don't talk about piracy here and playing commercial games on a SD Card can lead to piracy. It doesn't matter if we sit here and have a conversation about which games are compatible with the SD Card cause legally your not supposed to do that. The SD Card isn't illegal to use if used properly which is for homebrew. Homebrew isn't illegal as long as people are not using the Katana Kit and Windows Libs for production. Stop replying to my messages and understand the rules. Its fine to ask questions but people don't like seeing people ask the same questions over and over.

    Oh and lastly just stop being a troll good day to you young man.

  10. #40

    Default

    No I will not leave esp because you are tired of me replying to you because YOU initiated lying on me via trolling.

    Anyway Eric, can you help me (since it seems only you and only a few others still post here now) figure out how to get Kill Bill homebrew game to work on my sd ? I put it on, and it don't work.

    I wish they make sd ready versions that work, like can be downloaded, put on sd and can WORK on dreamshell and sd.

    Again thank you for telling me to get a 32gb class 6 type sd card.

    I think by just dragging game info on sd it won't work. Can you tell me how I can get it work Eric ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Review: XCM Cross Battle Adapter
    By bandit in forum DCEmu Reviews & Games Reviews Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 15th, 2009, 22:29
  2. Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter: Overcome Sony’s Bluetooth Fetish
    By Triv1um in forum Sony PS3 Console News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 26th, 2009, 16:44
  3. Review: PS3 Memory Card Adapter (Official)
    By bandit in forum DCEmu Reviews & Games Reviews Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 11th, 2008, 15:51
  4. Portable DS TV adapter Released
    By wraggster in forum Nintendo DS News Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 20th, 2006, 22:13
  5. M3 Adapter SD version with Passkey2 Released
    By wraggster in forum Nintendo DS News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 27th, 2006, 21:02

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •