Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamecube Failed Because of Weak Launch Games, Colour Purple & Missing Mario

Blog Entries

GC Gamecube Failed Because of Weak Launch Games, Colour Purple & Missing Mario

Via Infendo

Nintendo officials have admitted time and time again that mistakes were made with the GameCube. Whether it was the lack of a steady stream of games, minimal third party support, or poor marketing, the GameCube certainly had its flaws.

Weak list of launch games: When the GameCube launched on November 18, 2001, twelve games were available, including All-Star Baseball 2002, Batman Vengeance, Crazy Taxi, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2, Disney’s Tarzan Untamed, Luigi’s Mansion, Madden NFL 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3, and Wave Race: Blue Storm.

The Color Purple: No, not the Alice Walker novel, but the choice to compete against monolithic companies like Sony and Microsoft with a purple console in your arsenal.

Mario is Missing: Nintendo without Mario is like Microsoft without Master Chief. Or Sega without Sonic. Or Sony without idea plagiarism.

Do you agree or disagree, vent your opinions

I agree. It also missed the Wavebird at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    Or Sega without Sonic. Or Sony without idea plagiarism.
    Haha ftw!

They certainly worked wonders with the GBA,GBASP,NDS,and the NDS lite.Hopefully the wii follows in nintendo's hand held footseps.
    I owned 3 Gamecubes at different times and was very happy with especially the durability of the hardware.There were just so few must have games.My girlfriend liked the purple,but I thought it was kind of lame.

Also, fans (like myself) got on our hands and knees pleading for online games, but they just giggled and said no.

Yeah that sucked. The new generations of all consoles (and also portables) feature online play!

yeah guys, its ok to admit it, it was mostly the purple thing.

... nah, but the design of the gc itself looked fisher pricey, and not offering DVD playback made it less of a "c'mon mom we need one of these!" type of purchases. I didn't buy it cuz I didnt like the design of the controller really, and it wasnt "big enough" to justify dropping that much coin on something so tiny I like my big consoles..

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Smash Bros. Melee made it aaaaaaalllll worth it.

Excuse me, I must go play Ratchet Deadlocked. Yes I still love Nintendo consoles.

I dont gamecube was a failure about 6 months ago but now there are virtually no titles but ill always remember playing those awesome games like Tales of Symphonia, Phantasy star online, star fox adventure gotcha force there are too many to list lol. the fact is i think nintendo gave up on gamecube since wii was going to be relesed with backwards compatablity so gamecube will live on!!!

Yah Gotcha Force was good but u forgot Super Smash, ill still play it when my friends come over and ive had it the first christmas since the gamecubes release lol, i still have fun not many other games do that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information