Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Map This! v0.2

Quote Originally Posted by Xern
    Hi folks, it's me again. My results from the newest beta:

Readtime 1:
    Nothing

Readime 2:
    Almost works. When I hit [] it waits for 1 second, then it moves from where I am now (south norway) to the top of norway in 0.5 seconds, and it locks on my correct position. After that, it updates with the (possible correct) position each 50 second. Also, everything in the program updates every 2 seconds.
    have you tried 8 as readtime setting?
    it looks like the rogram does not have enough time to read complete sentence most of the time..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy7
    For some reason I cannot send you a private message (forbidden?!). So I sent an email to the teamjak dot net domain. If that does not work out maybe you can contact me privately. Regarding the zoom: here the gps coordinates change depending on the zoom level... and it is really a 0.5 degrees change in LAT ...
    Sorry, I lost my login to teamjack mail server...

try sending it to televny AT yahoo DOT com or MP me @ ps2dev forums...
    It looks like you don't have enough posts to send/receive PMs here at DCEMU :-(

Perhaps, the problem that you see is due to approximations that I make, working with google tiles..
    Basically, to calculate the lat/lon position of any point inside 256x256pixel tile I find out the top left corner lat/lon coordinate and the lat/lon difference for that tile's span. I assume that the lat/lon values for each pixel on the tile would change proportionally, i.e I divide the lat/lon range by 256 and multiply by the current pixel offset within that tile... I guess this may give you a significant error at very distant zoom levels. It seems to work great at street/city levels though...where you precise coordinates really matter...
    Feel free to look thru the code and make adjustments if you have a better solution...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    in7ane's tool has an option to configure the total number of way points. In my example, it's just so many of them that they touch eachother, creating a line.. I'll try to work out a better solution in future releases...
    when i do that and try to load the waypoint it crashes. what setting are you using?

EDIT: maybe its because i was using an old map, i will try a new map and see if that works.

Hi there Deniska,

I've been reading gpsGetMessage() and its kin for a while, and I have an experimental code change I am planning to make to see if I can make it less fragile for arbitrarily slower GPS units.

In the past, you have released your source code to MapThis. I don't know whether you intend to do so with every version. If you do, I was wondering whether you'd be willing to share your latest sources. If not, I'll just make my patches against your V02, and see how it works out.

Thank you!

~0

Use V02 code for now... I'll import your changes to getGPSMessage() if you succeed in making it better..

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for Map This!, great job, Deniska, it works great, It is up and running whit Holux GPSlim236

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Here is a little update for beta testers with following new features:
    - basic trip details: timer, distance, avg speed
    - multiple icons (up to 10) support for POIs:
    each POI file can contain up to 10 different poi icons (see below)
    - removed icon size definition (the size if read from the image itself, this should be backwards compatible with prev definition though...
    POI definition example:
    !IMAGE:banks.png,
    43.269348,-82.531088,Eastern Michigan Bank,(810) 359-5353 - 5446 Main St; Lexington; MI,
    43.266922,-82.530929,Citizens First Savings Bank,(810) 359-7947 - 5536 Main St; Lexington; MI,
    43.275666,-82.619585,Eastern Michigan Bank,(810) 679-2001 - Croswell; MI,
    !IMAGE:food.png,
    42.976435,-83.058008,Linda\'s Country Store,(810) 798-3748 - 3070 Van Dyke Rd; Almont; MI,
    42.928440,-83.050100,Mc Donald\'s,(810) 798-2124 - 894 N Van Dyke Rd; Almont; MI,

- speed up in menu responses
    - some new parameters in config file:
    ###########################################
    # THIS VARIABLE IS INTRODUCED TO SMOOTH #
    # THE MAP MOVEMENT BETWEEN GPS UPDATES #
    # IE THE MAP WILL CONTINUE MOVEMENT IN #
    # THE SAME DIRECTION WITH A SLIGHT #
    # DECREASE OF SPEED FOR EACH NEXT #
    # FRAME RENDERING #
    ###########################################
    SPEEDFACTOR=0.97
    ##########################################
    ## LOAD WIFI MODULE ##
    ##########################################
    LOADWIFI=0

- NMEA buffer increased to 1024 - this may help some GPS devices
    - map size bug fixed. Now it should support maps up to 1024x1024

The zip only contains 1.5FW version...

[EDIT] Just added basic "DISTANCE TO MARK" support. (v02b_EBOOT.zip)
    You can set the mark with LEFT TRIGGER.
    When in GPS mode it will show the distance to the mark in either miles or KM (based on your SPEEDFIX var)
    I know in7ane wanted the arrow too.. perhaps someone could create frames for it ( 128x16) since my photoshop just stopped working... Once I have the graphics - I'll add it..

Dear Deniska:
    Where should I put the vo2b_EBOOT, do I put it in mapviewer to replace the original one or do I put in mapviewer% to replace the orginal one, if not, how can I use the vo2b_EBOOT. Thank you very much.

just do a clean install of version 0.4

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information