Thread: Map This! v0.2

Default Map This! v0.2

Here is a little update to the original version:

NEW IN v0.2
    -----------
    - compass bug fix
    - CPU clock speed toggle between 222 & 333Mhz
    - battery life display
    - improved POI support (displays up to 400 closest POI on screen / works in "track up" mode too now)
    - basic waypoint support
    - new configuration paramaters (READTIME, WARNINGDISTANCE, etc)
    People with slow baud GPS devices should try to adjust NMEA read timing (READTIME >1)
    - some graphics tweaks and new sample map.

The binaries can be downloaded from following thread @ neoflash compo forums (page4):
    http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index....c,2950.45.html
    Once the contest is over, I'll post it here, on my site.

Here is a video, showing the routing feature:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=uqzbWHOLLrc

[EDIT] Ups, I forgot to give credit to in7ane for making great map/POI/waypoints downloader tool for windows. Great work!

[EDIT2] it appears that 1.5 EBOOT.PBP that I compiled at home has problems displaying uncompressed jpeg maps.. (probably due to a old/different libjpeg version on my home PC). Please use the EBOOT from the map_This_v02_fw15_EBOOT.zip, attached to the release thread @ neoflash forums for 1.5 FW version.

hmm i might try this where can you get the maps for it.

-!-
    /\

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    hmm i might try this where can you get the maps for it.
    Try here:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33068

BTW: Deniska, your link on the neo site doesn't work, you have to copy and paste the url into your browser for it to work.

Jay

Yeah, this is always the case.. just copy and paste it... Btw, You may want to re-download it - I just updated the zip with the latest version of gmdl program in which in7sane fixed some bugs... The zip file name is the same but the checksum should be different...

hi!

is it possible to use this GPS stuff with your PSP stuff?
    http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/onyx.php
    if it is, please tell me how

thanx!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    Yeah, this is always the case.. just copy and paste it... Btw, You may want to re-download it - I just updated the zip with the latest version of gmdl program in which in7sane fixed some bugs... The zip file name is the same but the checksum should be different...
    Ah, I didn't realize that, sorry. I think last time I got it from a link in these forums that someone posted and then removed due to contest rules.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by doverkiller
    hi!

is it possible to use this GPS stuff with your PSP stuff?
    http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/onyx.php
    if it is, please tell me how

thanx!
    This looks like it may work with Map This.
    Of course the link does not give any detail on the cable's wiring and the voltage... If you dig out more detailed specs, perhaps I'll be able to help you more...
    In any case, you'll need to figure out how you want to power this mouse - looks like you'll need to carry an extra battery in your pocket if you use this device...
    (PSP's external voltage is just 2.5V which is not enough to power most GPS devices outthere)

DCEmu Newbie

is there a tutorial on loading waypionts/poi onto psp from in7zane's windows program, im not sure how to. great job on the update. i wasnt expecting anything for awhile.

This is cross-posting but I think it belongs here in the first place. I have a map that I tested good earlier in v0.1 I formatted my ms and installed 0.2 and now that same map won't load. In 0.1 it seemed the orange ms led lit up dimly, or it pulsed. When 0.2 loads this same map it stays bright and constant for 8 seconds or so before shutting down the psp.
    I renamed this map's root folder (on my pc) to something more recognizable, then again renamed it to include the under_score at the beginning. Could that be the problem?

DCEmu Newbie

@Doverkiller: I am quite sure that GPS will work. it does say "NMEA 2.2 GGA, GSA, GSV and RMC, Baud rate 4800bps" in the specifications, so if you figure out how to feed it power ur all good. Btw - you might even be able to draw power directly from the PSP, but I'm not sure about that.

Btw deniska, gonna try the new version of the viewer when I get home - at school now

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information